new woodburner?

sean

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have à dover 425 woodburner had it in 2 winters now and its been great, its cast iron 8kw . It cost 825 pounds from hot price. Also go on to whatstove, site Good reveiws and info on every stove on the market. If i was to but another stove i would get another one of these.

Clearview you will need to match fund your landlords 500 though to come close to a second hand one

Agreed - and I suspect that will rule out Clearview for the OP. But for anyone looking to install in their own home, without doubt worth saving for.

Avoid the dreadful saleswoman in their Stow-on-the-Wold showroom, though - just go direct to the factory in Ludlow. They'll even help with things like flue design if you want to install it yourself.

Clearview is way to go. 1100 quid gets your landlord a nice little pioneer 400. Second hand they still command 700 -800 pounds even many years later. I am biased as I own one. It is my only burner I,ve ever owned. But I done the research and am very happy. Blokes at work don't believe I don't have to clean The glass .But if I was a landlord would I put a £ 1100 burner in . Only knowing what I know about burners.

Theres a Clearview Vision 500 on Gumtree recently at Kilmarnock. £700

LOG BURNER STOVE! in East Ayrshire | Other Dining & Living Room Furniture for Sale | Gumtree.com

Please note I have no connection to this ad. Only know what you will from viewing the ad. What I do know is that this price (if in good order) is probably less than an ebay auction would fetch.