L200 advice

jose

Hi all

Looking to get a 4x4 ( tax purposes and also access to field to do logs).

Need a double cab as i need it to lug the kids around too.

I have seen a very clean looking 2005 l200. 24000k full service history and 1 owner, but the dealer wants £6995 for it.

Now i know that the trucks seem to be holding there value a bit not sure about 7K.

Also the main thing i wanted to ask is would you be scared off so to speak by the low mileage? thats about 3k a year. I am sure i have heard before that too little mileage is worse than to high.

Not too keen on the new shape trucks tbh and i plan to do smaller log deliveries so not wanting to spend a fortune on a truck and then chuck logs at it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

(Oh and it must be black as is my company colour:001_smile: )

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate,

Ive got a 2001 double cab that i use for logging and towing an ifor trailer around and i think its great, Its done nearly 100,000 and its wearing very well. Apart from general wear and tear i havent had a problem with mine. I think there much more robust than the new ones and simple to fix if they go wrong.

I've ran the old shape and the new shape I'm now running the new face lift version and there a great truck. As you say you can throw the kids in the back and it's a normal run about. The newer shape give better mpg think I used to get 350/380 a tank on the old one and got 500 with the new shape the new ones not so good as it's about 180 horse but pulls like something else. Hope this helps any questions feel free to pm

Sounding good.

But should i worry about the low mileage? I looked it over from the outside but the dealer was away for the day so couldnt get into it in more depth, especially things like cambelts etc.

cheers

I read The Telegraph on a Saturday and Honest John always recommends higher mileage over lower mileage. However, if the cars got FSH, is what you want and at a good price then go for it. I bought a 2007 Ranger with 27000 miles and FSH in June 2011 and its never missed a beat (I'm touching the wooden desk as I write!!).

Check the service history on it and take it for a good test drive and check that the full range of 4x4 works also worth seeing if it's manual or Automatic hubs. If your really interested it could be worth using a belt change as a deal breaker as surely he will have his own mechanics to do the work cheaper than you can get it done for

See rover has the same thoughts as me but quicker at typing