Cpc

tree monkey

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The driver cpc is for drivers of vehicles larger than 3500kg ie 3501kg, who drive commercialy, you`ll need 35hrs of `training` before september 2014.

If you complete the hours before sept `14, you won`t lose out because your card will still be valid to sept 2019.

The is exemptions if you only drive incidentally, the example the powers that be give are, scaffolders drive to site put/take down scaffolding then drive home no dcpc needed, the same driver drops scaffolding off at different sites dcpc needed.

The way I see it, in arb related jobs is drive to site, do job, load chip and logs and back to yard not needed, but go to job half way through have to go to tip off then back for more, or deliver logs out then you would need the dcpc.

Might be worth a call to VOSA,as they will be enforcing it, to see if your business model comes under the exemption, to satisfy yourself(dont take my word:001_tt2:), they are usally very helpfull on the phone.

No if you do more than say one trip i.e drive to clients and then back to yard thats ok. But if you have to do 2 or more trips i.e go to client from yard. But get a call to drop logs or chip to another client then go to the first client and back to the yard ud need it bud

So for tree work you would be fine, but delivering logs would be a problem???

only if you just drive to 1 job then home nothing else at all

so be realistic and get it done before you loose everything and then have to still do it

no good been an ostrich