layout of kit on a sequoia harness, how do you have yours?

normandylumberjack

I have stripped all the excess off my harness to look at the layout, things never seem to fall to hand, my lanyard is in the way of my saw, heavy saws seem to pull me and caritools at funny angles, so i thought i would start again.

Would anyone be kind enough to put up a picture of how they have their harness set up, preferably a petzl sequoia, so i can borrow some ideas.

Thanks chaps

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

because the seqoia harnes is quite thin ,light and flimsy it will never hold a big saw well.i think that some of these types of harness just are not made to hold big heavy saws. like the side d,s, they are too not very appealing to some one who spends a lot of time on spikes,

how much stuff you carry on your harness????

if your carrying large saws often,and or are on spikes a lot,how about a weaver?

59766310afdef_images(1).jpg.948f0e770c1d2f35da4fe3a1b4a4e7a7.jpg

Dan is right they are not designed to hold heavy saws.

Think Steve or someone on here uses a big strimmer harness to hold the weight of the saw when climbing or moving around.

I have various bits that I might not need on tool holders on the back. Spare prussik s and carabs so hey are out the way behind me, yet all the stuff I will need straight away on the sides.

But then I don't climb to work just to rec.

I have stripped all the excess off my harness to look at the layout, things never seem to fall to hand, my lanyard is in the way of my saw, heavy saws seem to pull me and caritools at funny angles, so i thought i would start again.

Would anyone be kind enough to put up a picture of how they have their harness set up, preferably a petzl sequoia, so i can borrow some ideas.

Thanks chaps

For years my lanyard would constantly be wrapping itself round my chainsaw lanyard till one day I had a brainwave and came up with an innovative way to prevent this happening. I moved it to the left side of my harness instead of the right :biggrin:

For years my lanyard would constantly be wrapping itself round my chainsaw lanyard till one day I had a brainwave and came up with an innovative way to prevent this happening. I moved it to the left side of my harness instead of the right :biggrin:

Mr Bullman, No word of a lie, i just hit upon that idea myself not 2 minutes ago!

Great minds ehh?

I wish now that i had tried before the purchase, this is the trouble with online purchases, and no local dealers of nice arb kit. I doubt a second hand harness would have much resale value, so i will just have to press on with the petzl.

Christ on a bike! never thought of that.

i have my side strop on the oppsite side to my chainsaw i used to just let the crab on the end dangle about when i was not using it but found it much more effective to clip it to the left d out the way and even tie it up as well. no snagging. as for the use with big saws on your harness i clip it to the back so that it tugs evenly and not to one side. made it a bit more comfortable. at the end of the day you just have to make do.

I've threaded one of those stein stuff sacks onto the back of my harness in the middle to stash things in, croll, redirects etc.... All I have hanging off my harness now is saw and strop.... It's tied on with para cord..... Works well.

My treehopper is a bit light for big saws as well, so I tend to clip it either onto the spare hole on the hc or a prusik on the standing line.... Sometimes it helps, sometimes it gets more in the way, but i hate having my harness pulled around by a heavy saw.....