Fastrac compared to unimog

gemtrees

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hope you got plenty of cash for diesel, they like a drink! Turning circle aint much cop either.

Yes I've heard that, I've been told figures as low as 4/6 MPG :001_huh:

I believe JCB fitted a HUGE tank to the newer ones so that they can say it will work all day on a single tank :sneaky2:

had one with a botex mounted behind the cab , we were fortunate enough to have a hi spec model with crab stere and all wheel steer etc , it was ok for pulling a timber trailer on the road but not much cop in the mud , chipping was ok if you had a site with lots of space , other than that i honestly would not bother , as previously said they like a drink and you need deep pockets full of cash to fix then when they do go wrong !! and believe me they do go wrong .

oh and the seat didnt turn in the cab so using the botex was pure hell if you were using it for long periods of time

I've always had a soft spot for Fastrac's, but they really can have their drawbacks.

The simple fact is show them some weight and a hill, then they rapidly become a Slowtrac!

Certainly in our area, you'd be hard pressed to gain much advantage anywhere over a 50k tractor of equivalent horsepower.

The fact that they really have very poor for off road traction is a big downside and as many say they can't half drink some fuel.

The biggest hassle I found was the dreadful lack of access for any maintenance work, the cab really should tilt sideways or forward which would aid things considerably.

I'd go 50k tractor, that's what I'm looking at and having spent time trying out Valtra's recently I'd say well worth a look as I can't afford a Fendt:biggrin:

Eddie.