Sex education

Jason James Gairn

a girl called kizzy gave birth to a boy aged 13

i live in southampton and see teenagers pushing prams everyday

the worst ones are the ones with a bottle of vodka in there hands while smoking and pushing the pram, they look about 12 but could be 16, still horrible.

whos fault is it? its either the parents or the schools right? do you think being told about sex makes kids go out and do it or is it just possible that when not armed with this knowledge they are naive to it and walk in to it. knowledge is power. as soon as they are old enough to get the science behind it then you should tell them all about it as well as the emotional side as well.

i was told at an early age and i think i was alot more wise to it all because of that

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"A girl is to become Britain's youngest mother after becoming pregnant at 11.

The girl smokes 20 cigarettes a day despite being eight months' pregnant. She conceived aged 11 when she lost her virginity to a boy of 15 on a drunken night out with friends."

daily mail in 2007

hmmm should we educate them?

is 9 too young?

I agree that society is sex obsessed though. In a tittilation society, I think solid education is counter to this obsession.

I completley agree with that statement, my children are 6 and 7 and it's awfull what they have worked out for themselves at such a tender age...

My parents had a 'special' little book which was fairly graphic but answered alot of question lol

a girl called kizzy gave birth to a boy aged 13

i live in southampton and see teenagers pushing prams everyday

the worst ones are the ones with a bottle of vodka in there hands while smoking and pushing the pram, they look about 12 but could be 16, still horrible.

whos fault is it? its either the parents or the schools right? do you think being told about sex makes kids go out and do it or is it just possible that when not armed with this knowledge they are naive to it and walk in to it. knowledge is power. as soon as they are old enough to get the science behind it then you should tell them all about it as well as the emotional side as well.

i was told at an early age and i think i was alot more wise to it all because of that

I think alot of it comes down to peer pressure quiet frankly, and i was never aloud to get in situations where i was out until all hours larking around and i don't intend my children to either.

I had a great childhood though and spent most waking hours and school holidays with my dad driving diggers and tractors, drinking and everything that goes with it didn't start until college for me so i guess a lot can be said for your upbringing.

What you do when your bringing up kids in a council estate in the middle of Glasgow etc god only knows !

when i was 10 it was in 1985, right in the middle of the whole aids thing, we werent told anything and the teacher hid the book on it out of our way. It was a big mystery and i thought that sex was dirty, my father gave me a talk about sex the same year, poor guy. he is 6'8" he sat crouched on the linen box at the end of my bed with his knees up to his chin, smelling of two strock and sawdust. the poor guy started off with what mumy and daddy do and ended up with"the sheep in the fields dont exactly do it on the couch" he was a nervous wreck then one of the legs broke on the linen box and he landed arse over tit on the floor, and left the room mortified.

My wife is a midwife and so is her mum, when round at her house its breast this, vagina that. No embarassment no giggling. took a while for me to not do either but she can talk to her mum about anything in confidence and always has done.

the barrier i have with my parents involving emotion is cronick.

i think you are doing the right thing jason, i have never even had a pint with my dad let alone go to him for advice, never have and he is too set in his ways to change. you are your sons father and this isnt a rehearsal mate, if more folk in this world would sit down and talk it would be a much happier place. good luck.

we even give our children pole climbing lessons at school nowadays it seems! http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090129/tuk-row-over-school-pole-dancing-demo-dba1618.html

Well thats just brilliant isnt it! Every school girls dream when she grows up should be to become a pole dancer :mad1:

I think children should be educated about sex at an early age, best to learn the proper way than the experimental way imo.

There are no good children only good parents. :001_smile:

IMO ALL children will turn into thieving, bulling, cruel little buggers if not given the proper guidance and education from their parents.

The finger of blame should well and truly be pointed at parents, If you havent the mental capacity, time or finances to raise children properly then you shouldnt do it. There is no excuse.