what sort of internet device is right for me? advice please...

jrose

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats up with the iphone5?

Where do I start....!

Camera SUCKS BIG TIME.

Battery life stinks.

Call handling and signal retention a bit hit and miss.

Tiny memory

Grossly overpriced....

I could probably come up with a load more in the morning.....!

Hi mate I just got myself a nexus 7 tablets built by Google only £180 I can check emails browse the web open PDF files and you can also download apps like Microsoft word, I just recently downloaded a invoice app its spot on. For the money its the best tablet out there and your not restricted with what you want to do like apple. But if you want the 3g model which is basically a mobile not just Wifi then it costs more.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I'm typing this waiting for the rain to stop sat in my truck. I'm running an old Apple PowerBook G4 with a Three dongle for internet. Plus a car charger so you never run out of battery. It might look cool on the adverts, flicking a few screens to send an invoice, but I've been there with the iPod and sitting in the truck with a laptop is far more comfortable.

Simple system, will do everything when paired with a £50 camera phone (for your calls, tunes and photos!) Nothing beats a real keyboard, it's comfy to use, lovely big screen.

I agree re the iPhones- overpriced rubbish. I like the older, simple Apple gear before they became fasion accesories. I'm not saying that I wouldn't like a new MacBook Pro, but this machine does me great and is only worth about £200 these days. Then again, show me the 7 year old Windows based laptop that is worth that!

I never have any problem with downloading updates, security alerts, viruses or any of that Windows crap.

Hope that helps.

having been on the road with IT for many years and abuse that laptops get. my advice which will be strong in a truck a tough book like a laptop but as in title tough will allow to be abused. come with all you want internet, office products.

and not that expencive. trouble with normal laptops,ipads they are fragile. and iphones and like screen a bit small for doing normal work.

most of the engineers who fix white products,boilers use these. and can set up phone with one so you get all your e mails texts, and anything else on to toughbook. will last you yrears my tosh laptop unless i kept it in bag used to get mullered. plus it was a pain to charge. as with toughtops come with all the bits including cradle if you want it to put in truck on a stand

Thanks for the replies everyone, I realised my mobile contract was expiring in March so have changed over to Virgin Mobile and got a Sony Xperia smartphone with unlimited internet, texts and calls to landlines for £8 more a month than before... will see how I get on with this, then take it from there.

Pleased with the internet and email so far, it says it can do office stuff but I've yet to test that out.

Thanks again!

Joe