Recommend me - an entry level Pro saw

Johnnyboxer

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, what I was meaning was - the best in the starting level price for a Pro Saw, with

Metal cases

Better filtration

Sturdier

Bigger pitch chain/bar

More power

all with an ability to run 2 bars, say 18" and a 13", so one saw could cover me needs

Got say 560 again based on that . Mine pulls an 18" fine best balance is probably a 15" and it sure would fly on a 13" !

I have a 4 year old ms250. Its not bad, though it has never got any easier to start and vibrates a lot. Due to its small 16 inch chain and bar, it overheats chains quick if used on wood approaching the same length since the chain has no air to cool it. It does not compare to the old 048 AV that mr mendip^ sold to me. The old 048 is a beast. Its light for its size - and due to said size and magnesium alloy casings, its weight is spread out, huge 25(?) inch chain and bar will fit most wood you'd want to cut, its very smooth, good power and a good starter :) Also, it does not leak petrol and oil all over,all day, so I can keep it in the house too once the petrol vapor has evaporated. They can be found for a few hundred quid. Best bought off people on this forum, really. Keep an eye on whats on arbtrader