Arbtalk Fat Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

Good luck.

Never seen anyone look emaciated at 16 stone. They call that ripped mate...

16stone i am more rippled than ripped :blushing:

I think you have the wrong name for the club to start with!

its a bit harsh to admit you are in the FAT club.

maybe the comfy riders club or something?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The DBH club.

I'm going to loose a stone and a half for the spring time, there i've said it so I have to do it.

12st 10lbs to 11st 3lbs by March 1st 2013. Let you know how I get on.

Let's all be positive and keep on track. :laola:

I got back into the routine of regular exercise by habitualizing it. I.e. Doing a little every day at the same time to program my body to expect it. Do too much at first and it may be too much to sustain.

I started by running for 10-15 minutes first thing every morning or doing intervals on the rowing machine. I was really keen and had to limit what I did each day as I find it easy to get carried away and then go too far.

On limited sleep, doing too much wrecks me.

Get into a routine and training becomes a habit. The same goes for eating.

I started this 5+2 diet about three months ago. I have lost one and half stone (14 1/2 down to 13 stone). I am aiming for 12 1/2 by easter and 12 by summer.

For two days a week, I eat only 500-600 calories. Usually find bulky, filling and low calorie food but the remaining 5 days, I eat whatever I like; cake, sweets, you name it and I don't excersise, or not very much. What is interesting is that you (or I don't) over-eat on my non fasting days. In fact I actually eat less than I did before starting the regime.

Its all about repairing your body cells and staving off high blood pressure, cancers, alzheimer's and cholesterol but the side effect is weight loss.

For those who say they are happy being fat, then good luck to you but for most overweight people, you will be more prone to heart attack, stroke and a whole bunch of cancers. As they say; if you want to lose weight then less calories in and more calories out.

Not bothered to weigh myself for yrs but I rememeber ages ago that a Nintendo Wii told me I am a fatty my Wii Me had a proper belly looked like a fastso lol & I was classed as obsese according to it.

Didn't really believe it but I dunno what the official classification for being a lard arse is?

From wiki:

People are considered obese when their body mass index (BMI), a measurement obtained by dividing a person's weight in kilograms by the square of the person's height in metres, exceeds 30 kg/m

So will need to do this calculation to find out....

395px-Body_mass_index_chart.svg.png

Reckon if I lost a few pounds I could improve my cycling speed as its alot cheaper than buying a new lighter bicycle.

EDIT :Ok workrd out im 1.77m & 87kg makes me abit of a fatty buy noy obese phew :)

Edited by face cord

14st 6lb at 5ft 8 " 41 yo . Which needs sorting especially when over the festive period family and friends bring out old photos and only then does it sink in that I was a fit toned 11 st 8lb , 8 years ago :blushing: Let the ask begin :001_smile: Well tomorrow:001_tongue:

Im almost exactly the same, just a year older. I don't want to be a skinny ass but neither do I want the saggy man boobs. Started up the gym before christmas and have been going since including boxing day. More so that I can eat almost what I want (within reason) while losing a bit of the flab while Im at it.

HI TCD im getting on my bike in the new year im now 112 kgs plus im looking at getting down to 95/100kgs thanks all jon happy new to you all jon :thumbup:

I think BMI is becoming history, especially in relation to weight related illnesses etc. More important now are shape i.e. apple, pear etc, hip to waist ratio and waist size; 40" plus is danger area I think; I'm probably 39; used to be 34-36.

I think BMI is becoming history, especially in relation to weight related illnesses etc. More important now are shape i.e. apple, pear etc, hip to waist ratio and waist size; 40" plus is danger area I think; I'm probably 39; used to be 34-36.

HI TCD im 38 on waist 48 ins plus up top plus DD mate thanks jon happy new year :thumbup1: