Ratting

Pat Ferrett

One thing we used todo when working young ferrets was cope them ,it stops them killing down the hole making them easer to get out.(cope them is to tie there mouth shut so they couldn't bite) suppose you could do this if you wanted to work them on rats

thats a good way to get yer ferret killed!!!!

i`v had a ferret nearly killed by a rat the jill was only down for 2-3 mins & when she got out half her face was torn up really bad (i mean really bad) & had to be put down!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI MATE what air rife have you got mate thanks jon :thumbup:

i have 2 logun glai8ors or gladiators depends on whos selling them!!

i have one sub 12 foot pound & one fac

they are a great gun 664cc of air on board in 2 buddy bottles 8 shot mag & the triathalon bolt action all synthetic so no wood to damage has 3 stage power on sub 12 foot pound its 12 8 6 foot pound & on fac 35 20 12 foot pound really good for shooting pigeons in barns as you can decrease the power of the gun by flick of a switch so you do not damage the roof sheets!!!!

really good guns

i keep toying with the idea of getting a hw 100 there a real nice piece of kit but very heavy for stalking so would only be used from truck or quad!!!!

think i need a 17hmr before another air rifle though!!!!!

sorry for the thread jack!!!!

i have 2 logun glai8ors or gladiators depends on whos selling them!!

i have one sub 12 foot pound & one fac

they are a great gun 664cc of air on board in 2 buddy bottles 8 shot mag & the triathalon bolt action all synthetic so no wood to damage has 3 stage power on sub 12 foot pound its 12 8 6 foot pound & on fac 35 20 12 foot pound really good for shooting pigeons in barns as you can decrease the power of the gun by flick of a switch so you do not damage the roof sheets!!!!

really good guns

i keep toying with the idea of getting a hw 100 there a real nice piece of kit but very heavy for stalking so would only be used from truck or quad!!!!

think i need a 17hmr before another air rifle though!!!!!

sorry for the thread jack!!!!

Thread jack away Bigdave :thumbup1:

I have had fac 22 pre charged plus most modern air rifles and if you try a .17 mach2 rimefire you'll love it, nice clean head shots on rabbits up to 120 yards hmr does to much damage if you want to eat what you shoot.

Thread jack away Bigdave :thumbup1:

I have had fac 22 pre charged plus most modern air rifles and if you try a .17 mach2 rimefire you'll love it, nice clean head shots on rabbits up to 120 yards hmr does to much damage if you want to eat what you shoot.

liking the advice!!!!

i`m thinking .17 for hares theres a very large population of them & a hell of a lot of damage is being caused by hare coursers driving round the field chasing the dogs in subaru`s

so to stop the damage the farmer wants the hare population lowering to a sustainable level not wipe them out just thin them out he also said target the older ones so he`s thinking along the right lines for me

i`v had a couple with the .22 rimmy but most are staying away from the lamp as they have had an education with the coursers so i need something with a bit more range & accurate when it gets there!!!!

the grouping on my .22 cz at 100 yards is a tad too big for my liking to use it in the field at that range on live quarry at 80 yards it is a nice tight group but beyond that the pattern gets a tad big!!

trty to find a RODENATOR!

have a search round and see what these babies do!!

bit pricey on the gas but most enjoyable.

cant be arsed to do a seach for a link , sorry lol

I just happen to have a rodenator for sale. i used to have a wildife management business but sold it last year and my rodenator is sat in the shed. Pm me if interested.

Bait them out into the open then get em with the 12 bore or .22 or if they are inside 410. my mate uses a Bikle hushpower but i like the boom inside the sheds it gets the terriers all riled up. if they are in burrown use a 2stroke engine and hose pipe. and the shotgun. ferret shite is good for shoving down the burrows you have cleared out to stop them moving back in, just keep it when you clean out your ferret hutch.

If theres one thing in this world really freaks me out its RATS! Absolutely detest the damn things.

Another person who died fairly recently from Leptospirosis, aka: Weils Disease, was Andrew (Andy) Holmes MBE, twice an Olympic Gold Medal winner with Steve Redgrave.

He retired from rowing in 1990, and severed all contacts witht the sport. He came back to the sport in approx 2008/2009, but contracted Weils and passed away in London on 24th October 2010, 9 days after his 51st birthday. A terribly sad ending for a superb athlete.

Just a reminder that there is no definite cure once you have contracted Weils!

On a happier note - Merry Christmas to all on Arbtalk.