Butchery

Highland Forestry

I didn't know Euc's grew in the frozen wastes in the north of Scotland.

Do you think demolition workers worry about knocking down historic or interesting buildings ?

Do scrap merchants worry about melting down our industrial herriatage?

Why worry about doing that to a tree, if thats what the client wants and as long as its left safe ....

What is important is that you know its not the best practice and that you have recomended the most suitable course of action available. Regardless of the clients choice.

Edited by Log-ologist

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't know Euc's grew in the frozen wastes in the north of Scotland.

Do you think demolition workers worry about knocking down historic or interesting buildings ?

Do scrap merchants worry about melting down our industrial herriatage?

Why worry about doing that to a tree, if thats what the client wants and as long as its left safe ....

What is important is that you know its not the best practice and that you have recomended the most suitable course of action available. Regardless of the clients choice.

:thumbup1:

I spend more and more of my time trying to explain to passers by I'm not a tree murdering Bas***rd. I know things are a bit grim at the moment but this jobs not just about the cash:sad:

Tony the tree hugger

Who mentioned cash????:confused1:

So you don't fell trees, thats fine, I do, but I don't really see that that makes me either a "murdering bas***rd" or unprofessional?????:confused1:

What I do feel is unprofessional, as I have said, is too abuse client confidentiality.

But what I really don't understand is, if you don't fell trees why are people ringing you for a quote??????:confused1:

after reading all of what has been written on this topic and looking at the pics,

i dont iunderstand why people are up in arms about the work thats been done,

the customer/client paid for the tree to be left like that and asked for it to be cut in that way there were advised by a professional what plan of action would be better for the tree and themselfs but still wanted it done like that,

its their tree, their money, their choice?

so have i missed something on a total different level?

Surely there has to be some middle ground on this topic.

If you are an Arborist you are in it for different reasons but what is wrong with walking away from a job after trying to inform the customer about tree care?

Is the job all about killing trees Skyhuck?:crying: I thought it was about judgement and keeping trees where possible by pruning as a last resort so we can exist with trees and not bannish them from our streets.

I am not supporting 'grassing customers up ' but there are exceptions when some idiot buys a house with 700 yr old tree and cuts it down because he wants a trampoline.

Just because thereis not alot of work around in some areas is not reason enough to cut anything down. Where will that get us?:confused1:

Is the job all about killing trees Skyhuck?:crying: :

I have never said I am an arborist, I'm a climber.

Sorry if it upsets people but, I spend most of my time killing trees.

Sometimes it makes me sad to fell a tree and I have often talked people into retaining trees, and that makes me feel good.

But if a tree is going to be felled, or cut in half, whether I do it or not, then I may as well do it.

I would not and have never, used information I have been given AGAINST a client.

I've just got back from France and I was amazed how many trees are Pollarded and it got me thinking is it just a Britsh thing about not pollarding trees.

The only difference is they were all well maintained.

It must provide loads of work for the local Tree surgeons. It has sort of swayed my mind a little form being adamently against it. But the main reason for being against it is the lack of maintenance over here after it has been done.

We all have trees in common and any other personal feelings about how we do the job is personal. Got to do the work by your own standards and not be told what to think.

Some walk away some don't. Not judging.:001_smile:

Well said that man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:001_smile: