a nice cut for hung trees

dadio

Everybody does it but no one is allowed to talk about it... How very British.. polite tree cutters don't mention their unorthodox techniques.. I AM just a rogue American on a mission.. to tell the truth... the truth will set you free...

Unfortunately Dadio over here in the UK we live in a nanny state and have been brainwashed into becoming overly risk averse, we cut conker trees down just in case a conker should land on a kids head:blushing: so its become our culture to frown upon anything that's not in the rule book regardless of experience and common sense much in the same way we don't like to talk about immigrants for fear of being branded racists, we are told what to think and what to say, nice vid by the way, Sean. :001_smile:

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think thats a limited control high risk effort on the video.

Not covered in CS32 practices to move around or cut in that fashion.

There are far better ways to deal with the problem, so I would (IMO) that people avoid this practice - unless you have many years experience and are looking for a way out......

Too late for what... the saw did not get pinched. Cut started to close and I was able to feel it in time.. NO NO.... not too late... it was too early.. too early for the tractor, winch, or dynamite!

Hate to say it,. but you Brits are a bunch of prudes..

Dan,

you need to get out more, try engaging with real people in the real world instead of being holed up in you basement creating half-baked instructional videos.

I just hope nobody watches this video and thinks I can do that' date=' lucky thats all I can say.....[/quote']

The new name of all my futrure threads is going to be "dadio gets lucky AGAIN"

I must be the luckiest tree guy walking the planet... its a big universe though... :biggrin:

dadio, you are not IT doing properly (imo), you are getting a result, but your technique is basic, and very risky.

Ask anyone on here how the to fell a hung tree, i'm not going to put my 2pence in, because I know someone else to state the obvious, i'm surprised that no-one has done so already.

People have stated we are a 'nanny state' but when you realise that certain qualifications give you the opportunity to meet professionals who in turn have met many more tree workers and gained experience - you get the best knowledge available.

Tbh Daniel, I enjoy most of your videos, it's just a shame that whenever you post them on here, people jump on them and slate you. This cut is something I have used several times, it does work and is potentially much quicker than other options available. I don't however share these techniques with other people due to the level of unpredictability involved. I also make sure anyone else on site is well away from me before trying. If I get hurt it's my own fault.

We all know you can do your job, though perhaps in a different fashion than many people on here would choose. Perhaps these things are best kept in the experienced cutters head and not published for God knows who to read?