a nice cut for hung trees

dadio

your welcome... of course I consider that small component to be applicable here...

I wonder if they have a fancy name for people that are stuck in some orthodox view of the world, propped up by a false sense of righteousness from their group misunderstanding, and can't see any other belief, regardless of any evidence to the contrary... perhaps ........ zealots

yup !!! i thinks its called ...............................

Dadioism !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmfao

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just read this today and thought of this thread....

from "the seven pillars of enlightenment" by Harry Palmer

pg 6...

People who misperceive or who are unfairly critical are operating through biased attention units. There aren't many new discoveries made by biased attention units. People end up perceiving that which is already in their mind. The problem with that is it gives them a false sense of being right about something. If they took the time to really examine their observation they would find that they were acting righteous, rather than accurately perceiving fact.

far safer ways of getting that tree down Also, the second cut could've been notched at the top to allow for a slower more controlled break . Another point to consider is the danger can be species specific, Ash is notorious for barber chairing.

I think its important to define our terms, so we can have an effective conversation.... that was some thing that shigo was adamant about.

Ash is known to barber chair, but couldn't have done so in this situation.. a barberchair refers to the motion of a falling tree, that splits, lifts up from some fulcrum above the cut, sending a large slab of trunk straight back from the cut.. Important to distinguish that from a split trunk or limb, which has been confused by many "experts"..

I only point this out becasue ERic at treeworld actually called the split piece a barberchair.. Interesting that he criticized the part of the video that I was most proud of..