Highest tree.

AJarb

Look -Its not big an its not clever.........

See.... thats where you are wrong. Everyone knows that the bigger it is the harder it falls. We are paid to fall the trees so we all get a kick from the big fellas.

Anyway I don't think I have been over 100' yet and to be fair the few times I have been over 70 to 80 ish I spend half the time checking my pants for signs of wear.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its not a competion to see who has climbed the hightest tree but my first job was to reduce a 80ft lime by about 4meters or so. Did all by handsaw and I enjoyed every minute of it!! The limes were in the church yard in Dunnington just outside York.

Climbed a 100' pine in Eastleigh and a 90' London Plane in Andover got taken to the Plane by my climbing instructor the afternoon before my assesment and the next morning the assesment trees loked so small we have got to brace a 100' + plane at work and im hoping to get the job just to get the chance to go to the top as its right next to twicks rugby stadium will make some wicked photos

Actually, its not that wide or impressive looking, just very tall and perfectly in proportion. Its in Dorset, and its the tallest broadleaf in the uk.

Stealth climbing only....

yup, the tallest broadleaf in the uk. if you can find them then have ago on the quiet but they are in a very sensitive area.

I went camping in Glen Affric near Inverness in Scotland last Easter and took my climbing kit with the intention of exploring the canopies of some Scots pines. I was reading a leaflet in a local pub about the wonderful native Scots pines and i turned it over and read that a valley nearby had several 200ft. Douglas Firs growing in it and they were some of the tallest trees in UK. I woke up early the next morning to track them down. I found em and there were quite a few. 30 minutes later i was at the top of one of the largest ones, wasn't a very challenging climb, but it was F*&%king high! I didn't really see the ground until about 150ft. when the trunk got a little sparse of branches. I glanced down and could hardly see the mrs on the ground beneath. Its over twice as high as i had ever climbed before. Probably only been 90ft - 100ft. a couple of times.

I would love to be 200ft. up on spikes knocking it out in sections! I would love to go to Australia and New Zealand and tackle some of these big Eucalyptus some of you spoke about!!! It will happen one day, i will make sure it does!

Might pop back up to Scotland this Easter and tackle that tree again, or one of its neighbours!