Customers Moaning

philg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get a few customers sayng "i,ll give you £70 cash" for my £75 a load of logs . My reply is "what does the girl on the till at the supermarket you shop at say when you try and knock her down?" I,m sure they think your just doing logs for a bit of beer money

What size is your £75 load?

i don't really do the log game i find is to much hassle for the work that's involved ans take is from me i was mega cheap most of my wood would have been left to season around 18 months cut to around 9inch long and spilt to about 2-3 inch width there would be around 8 to 12 well stacked wheel borrows witch was agreed and delivered at 10 miles away from my yard and only charge 10 pounds and they would still moan

In 6 years I had 4 complaints two of them were ok when reassured 2 of them were such p****s I picked up and refunded. Stayed perfectly polite but made it plain they were not to call again. Things are worse this year as there is more timber about people are short of cash and need to moan at somebody. As the winter draws on and logs run out people are more grateful for anything they can get. Just part of the job, try to focus on the really nice people you deliver to they are the majority and its a pleasure to meet them. Dump the idiots on your competition down the road. The more you refuse to deliver the more they want it even had their relations trying to order on their behalf.

Don't let it get your back up, I get them ringing up, "how much is your wood?" They don't ask if its seasoned or what type of wood it is they just ask how much. To these I just tell them, " sorry I don't want to sell to you, goodbye!!"

HI HODGE your so right there mate there not worried about the logs it just down to the cash then i tell them the same as you mate nice jon :thumbup:

Needs to go up £5 a cube every year regardless. Fuel, cord and kit is going up massively every year without even looking at inflation.

Couldnt agree more,after all all the other energy suppliers i.e gas,electric,oil all raise their prices yearly.