Scrap saws for a good cause.

GardenKit

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parcel 2 Go have added chainsaws to their prohibited list. When you tick the box to say you have read their policy on restricted/prohibited items and still send something thats on their list and they find out, they ring up and try to get you to pay a £75 fine for invalidating the insurance on the van that carried it. They also wont move the saw any further and you have to go and collect it from where ever it is in the country.

Thanks for sharing that Ray,

I wonder if a chainsaw in parts is still a chainsaw, or is it a box of bits?

After all, if there is no fuel or oil, and it does not run, its hardly a chainsaw.

Maybe I will call them and try to clarify.

I seem to recall its a fuel/oil related issue to do with insurance and operator safety.

The woman who phoned me said, that none of the other parcels that were in the van would be covered by their insurance if it leaked fuel out and seeped into other items the van was carrying. She gave me an example of "Would you be happy if you recieved a parcel that contained new clothes that had a whiff of petrol about them" tongue in cheek i said that i smelled of diesel 24/7 so it would be a nice change.

Anyway, gone slightly off topic, Keep up the good work GardenKit im looking foreward to the next machine up for grabs.

TBH, Ray saws get sent by carrier every day. Most new ones arrive with me by carrier with no problem, and are usually in boxes with pictures of saws all over them, but these are new so dont have petrol or oil.

So I guess its petrol and oil that are the issue.

As you, and others have said, Parcel to go prohibit chainsaws, but Parcels To Go are only an organiser, they do not run vans, but offer the services of the major companies, two of which are City Link and TNT who deliver many of the new saws.

The prohibit lists on these companies do not mention saws, so they are unlikely to grumble back to PTG.

I have sent saws by carrier several times with no problem. The courrier will have no reason to check, or complain, if there is no leakage of fluid.

Just to save hastle, do not describe the item as a chainsaw, just 'spare parts', pack it dry and with the bar off and it will be OK.

Ok, they may not cover the value if lost, but in this case we are talking cheap machines, are we really bothered?

And if they want us to travel to the other end of the country to collect a machine, then would we bother?

I for one, would happily take the risk and pack with sense.

She gave me an example of "Would you be happy if you recieved a parcel that contained new clothes that had a whiff of petrol about them" tongue in cheek i said that i smelled of diesel 24/7 so it would be a nice change.

Absolute genius! Hope she found it funny.

The woman who phoned me said, that none of the other parcels that were in the van would be covered by their insurance if it leaked fuel out and seeped into other items the van was carrying. She gave me an example of "Would you be happy if you recieved a parcel that contained new clothes that had a whiff of petrol about them" tongue in cheek i said that i smelled of diesel 24/7 so it would be a nice change.

Anyway, gone slightly off topic, Keep up the good work GardenKit im looking foreward to the next machine up for grabs.

Quality reply!:thumbup:

Well, nobody wants the McCulloch, not much of a surprise, but its still up for grabs.

I have nothing else to offer at the moment, but I will offer items as they become available.

In the meantime many of you must have something you don't want, that someone else might. It does not have to be a saw, anything will do.

So post them up here and make some money for the Childrens Trust.