How many logs have used on your stove this winter

mendiplogs

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used about 9 cubic metres stacked so far this winter. September and October were fairly cold though, so the Rayburn has been on continuously (more or less).

No shortage of firewood though - about another 11 cubic metres waiting at the front door, with about the half that again in the round (15 month seasoned cherry) in the garden. If we get some sort of epic cold snap and I somehow get through all that, I can get 8 cubic metres dry every 2 weeks in the kiln at the yard!

I'd guess i've used around 1.5-2m3. I'm only heating one room though, 7kw Hillandale Monterrey stove.

It's on most nights, and all weekend.

Got through the first load of round logs quite quickly, not sure what they were, was told Ash, presume correct.

I'm now on the oak I cut myself, but only a couple of weeks supply left. Can't be bothered to go cut any more, plus I don't have time, so i've got East Anglian Landscaping dropping me off 5m3 on Friday.

Should see me through.

Mountains of it , at the end of the day 90% of us in here are in the tree game so it should be free for us , crank it up and chuck it on , strip off to your y fronts and enjoy it .

Too right! I run two burners, 1 in the kitchen (godin 13kw) and I in the sitting room ((franco belge 17kw) Only the best Oak and Chestnut and Acacia for me! give the rest away.

That's one thing the wife cannot moan about, house is toasty (minus 5 last night)