How many logs have used on your stove this winter

mendiplogs

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha - tight northerners or what mate?!! Cut it up into very small sticks and put them in one at a time!

Seriously though - we only burn briquettes here. I've done my share of logs over the years and wouldn't go back to them unless they were coming from my own wood to be honest!

HI 4X4 so you use pallet all winter jon :thumbup:

Must be one of those big pallets:laugh1:

Yup neighbour is retired and in all day, needs to get out more and stop worrying about wht other folks are doing. Had liners put into the chimney since I didnt think it was secure. When we moved in(other half of a very old semi he said the sitting room fire smoked him out) I thought the chimney was porus but apparently his house is so cold it sucks the warm air down his air vents on the roof. Aarrghhh some people:mad:

I have been away for a few weeks so guessing up to 2 m3 max since October in a 8kw stove that does all heating (via thermal store & underfloor heating) & HW in a well insulated house with a missus who feels cold regardless of the temperature :lol:

Only need to burn an hour or two a day to get the thermal store up to temp.

Solar does all HW through the summer and probably contributes a bit on sunny days in the winter, but not a lot as the panels are optimised for summer collection.

Started using the stove earlier this year than normal due to grey conditions.

"Dont get high on your own supply" said by Al Pacino me thinks in some movie.

The more you use, the less you have to sell !!

The more you use, the more you have to cart in doors, unless you have someone trained up to do it for you of course :thumbup1:

The more you use, the more you have to get up and feed the fire - see last point.

The more you use the less cloths you have to wear - can be a benefit, but of course depends on who you live with :lol: