What Christmas tree, real or fake?

normandylumberjack

What do you put your presents under?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you put your presents under?

• Real tree
    • Fake tree
    • Cheapo option, take home some Conni toppings
    • No tree, hate Christmas, Bah Humbug!

I was wondering what everyone does for their tree at the festive time. Are you traditional, are you modern, Holly and ivy, or silver tinsel?

I spent so many hours pruning, weeding, digging, and selling real ones that I got a realistic looking fake. The dogs don't seem to want to pee on it as they do with the real ones, and no needles on the Chateaux floor!

So, What do you have and why?:questionmark:

:santaclaus:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I came home with a fake one the missus would disown me. She is from Norway and her tradition is to go into the woods on Little eve (23rd) and fell a woodland spruce, chop off the top 10 foot and carry it home.

Not too many opportunities for that in London, so I just buy a 6-7 foot Norman Fir. I go for the unclassified trees at the local garden centre. 6-7 foot is usually 60 quid, promo is 34 quid. Jobs a goodun.

As for the decorations, any thing goes. We have to keep an eye on things though as I have a mischievous toddler in the house...

Last year I felled one in the woods up in the North of Norway. Bow saw and axe all the way.

This year I bought one and the very next day one of my jobs was to knock the top 10 foot off a spruce in a customers front garden. Timing has never been my strong point! haha

Bah humbug, cheer up you misery guts!

It is not about you liking it, do it for the wee one sat on your lap!

:lol::lol::lol:

Trust me he's not such a wee one anymore. And he feels the same. It started snowing yesterday and he said and I quote. "If you make me go out and do that thing again we did last year I'm not going!" He was on about sledging by the way.

The missis has a fake tree up, I like them. No mess, no spending ages looking at them, no "it's too big need to cut it" malarkey.

Although I do like he connie cuttings idea. Maybe try that next year. Or once the kids move out we will move away for Xmas. A nice remote island sounds fun. :thumbup: