A bit scared......

blades

.... to ask this question :blushing:

Just out of interest... do you find that you are a husky or stihl person because you prefer the brand and would never use anything else or do you find that you say... use a stihl saw in one size because it's great and a husky saw in another size because it's great??

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use husky because it is what I started with and then it is what FC supplied us with. I am not for or against either brand and do not consider my self a husky person.

I have never had the luxury of trying both brands so despite tree cutting for 20 odd years, Husky is all I've used. I just thought about this some more and I do not know anyone with a stihl saw (other than the top handle, which I have used on my CS39 assessment and prefer the rear handle saws due to forearm position)

Heard good stuff about the bigger stihl saws.

Clothing I prefer stihl. :S Go figure that then :D perhaps I am a closet brand snob heheh.

I stick to Stihl because 'it's what I've always had', I can work on them and I have a dealer handy.... I have an 025, 260, 460, a couple of top handles in non-running state at the moment and a Stihl blower, I'm quietly weeding out the 'other colours' from my entire shed at the moment, namely strimmer and topper....

I have no particular dislike of Husky, my OCD just encourages me to keep my fleet all the same colour... I'm weird like that.... I'm sure I could just as easily have gone the other way if I'd bought a Husky when I did my tickets all those years ago.....

Im a stihl man because i have tried to cut a tree down with a vaccum cleaner and it was not very effective !

In all seriousness i like the Stihl products apart from echos there all i have owned used husky not got much to say about them its horses for courses etc

they both have bad apples and both have golden eggs !

Just remember once upon a time McCulloch were top notch saws !

I have two of each:

an ms180 (ported) for pruning, carving and construction.

A550XP for most work, hedgelaying, felling, shedding etc.

A 346XPG for same as above+ backup.

And a ms650 (which I'm putting a 98,5cc pot+piston on, and a little modding so it'll be an ms666) for the big stuff.

I like the all, and reckon they're all better than their counterparts of the opposite brand.

All stihl here apart from one big husky, and a small makita.

Always had and used stihl when working for other people, since being on my own i've tried to stick to stihl.

There are 3 dealers within 20 mins of us, so if one of the saws goes belly up, one of the dealers is bound to have the required part :thumbup:

We have a big husky 36" bar that was part of a consignment from British waterways that i haven't got round to selling yet, used it on a 26" dia Euch the other day and it went through it quite well. ( not quite as good as the 88 but alot lighter )

We've also just picked up a little old Makita (think its a 425 ??????). its a very smooth saw, one of the lads I'm training up has adopted it, just needs a 15" bar and chain to replace the 18" thats on it and it'll be a good saw

Edited by DN22 Gardening
bloody spellchecker swapping stihl for still