Used my Hitch climber for the first time this week.

slimjimvw

Well , thats not strictly true. I used it once before and was unsure , then to add insult to injury the LOLER man cut all my non-CE approved splices off my ropes. So the pulley and biners sat in my kit bag for 6 months .

Anyway , i've set it up with OP on XTC using a Knut (which is awesome) tied as short as possible. Using it with a bowline too (i know its not recommended) and with the knut tied short there is no fear of it interfering with the friction cord. Just using a regular cambium saver to , i have a pulley saver but will try that after a few weeks climbing on it.

Found it all fairly awkward at first but perservered regardless. It all seemed to fall in to place today though, its a very very smooth way of climbing once you get the hang of the different hand positions etc. Found myself reaching up for my friction cord alot when it was only in front of me :001_rolleyes:

I can really see myself getting the hang of it. Lovin' it. :thumbup:

I have noticed the OP looking very rough after only 3/4 climbs though. Work provide us with Marlow Boa so will try that next.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your LOLER man needs changing before you change cord!!

Op is miles better than Boa, stick with it!!

:laugh1: I know.

Ok , i do love the feel of the OP. Very smooth and predictable with the Knut.

Just cut them off without asking? I'd be sending him a bill.

Anything without a CE mark and they get very funny.