Hitch Hiker thread.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've not been up any trees today but I have been going up and down from the pergola in the back garden. I've been trying out the Knut and after tweaking a few times it seemed to be good. After the first few descents it wouldn't grip each time on ascent but after taking up some slack on the Knut a small amount at a time I got it so it was smooth on decent and grippy on the way up. One thing I did like was it broke and then slack tended like a dream. That's the beauty of the dog bone hey, being able to adjust the hitch mm by mm to get it perfect.

I will keep a close eye on it to start with in my next tree.

right im going to make the move onto srt finally, as a beginner who has never used srt before would you recommend going straight into the HH or starting off on the RW?

To be honest mate, I'd start of with the wrench, because for a start it's cheaper and if you don't like it then you've not wasted a lot of money and a wrench In my opinion would be easier to sell.

I'd say the HH, it's only £20 ish dearer and you get everything with it. I started on the wrench but wasn't keen on it, I was constantly get my gloves stuck in the pulley and I was sure it was only a matter of time until it was my finger. I am quite short and found it was constantly getting in the way. With the HH you can swap so easily between srt & drt that it makes the transition easier and it's nice not having anything above it.

thanks for the replys, iv got alot of srt stuff already, i.e yale kern, foot ascender, hand ascender, getting a snake anchor, iv already spent alot so the extra wouldnt make much difference, iv used spiderjack forever now, but recently been looking at trees and thinking srt would make sense for my climbing style, everyone getting sick of me saying "this is a srt tree" one thing is im crap with a throw line haha