Hitch Hiker thread.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries mate, Ali all it is is 8mm cord cross stitched to form 2 eyes then had some stein heat wrap from my rope wrench tethers.

Carl be carefull it doesn't hook over the top of the hitch hiker it effects the decent mode and could become dangerous :) have fun with it

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App

Yeah thanks, looking at it, it does look a little long.

I'll knock up another.

Just stitch one up, if you keep the eyes tight and the length as short as possible it's as sweet as a nut, and Ben you know you can have a blast on mine anytime :) [ATTACH]136008[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App

That little loop is clean as fork mate! Tidy work. :thumbup1:

I look forward to having a play with it at some point. We need to sort out a rec climb soon. Are you running the standard VT on your hitch hiker adam?

how are you guys finding the tending of the hitchhiker, I'm struggling to find the right balance when tying my knot, I'm yet to try other knots but have been using variations of the recommended valdotain and have not quite got it working how i would like it to

What rope are you climbing on and are you using the supplied Beeline?

Also, make very sure that you are clipping the HH to yourself the right way round.

The gold spine must be facing you and the steel biner must be capturing the climbing rope.

What rope are you climbing on and are you using the supplied Beeline?

Also, make very sure that you are clipping the HH to yourself the right way round.

The gold spine must be facing you and the steel biner must be capturing the climbing rope.

Yeah mate, it's set up right and I'm using the beeline on my tachyon . It was more a question of how you lot tie your hitchs , sporty , tight, how many wraps , what knot etc eTc I have done a fair few climbs on it but because of the tending it has been sitting in my bag for a couple of weeks .

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Edited by colemanjessenz

Yeah mate, it's set up right and I'm using the beeline on my tachyon . It was more a question of how you lot tie your hitchs , sporty , tight, how many wraps , what knot etc eTc I have done a fair few climbs on it but because of the tending it has been sitting in my bag for a couple of weeks .

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

During the R&D phase it became obvious that the HH is super sensitive to hitch tension and I've experienced this to be true.

It may be that the combo of 10mm Beeline on Tachyon in the HH doesn't work so well. Try 8mm or something you used on your rope before the HH.

I generally tie my hitch pretty tight, bounce on it a couple if times then climb for about 20 minutes. I then lanyard in and tighten the hitch and it's good for the rest of the day.

I know that some people put a stitch in the cord to mark their sweet spot, once found.

Don't be put off though, it certainly took me several climbs to find out what good and not.

Don't forget that these factors change as the hitch cord degrades.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!