Hitch Hiker thread.

hey lads,

I see some of you are saying you clip your chest harness into your bridge ring, is there a big difference between that and a loop on the hh? will be using my hh for the first time at work on thurs! pruning/deadwooding big redwoods, delighted I have a srtwp tool in my kit now that this has come up!

Well for me, when I clipped to the loop that I put on the HH, the HH kept twisting around the carabiner a bit. That meant the slack didn't tend easily.

I've found everything to be easier since clipping to the bridge ring. I'm using a Treemotion harness with the bridge at the factory set length.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hitch Hiker will advance smoother and with less set back if you clip to the advancing loop as opposed to the bridge ring.

David

Mmm. That just didn't work for me Dave. I realise I get more sit back clipped to the bridge ring but couldn't get my advancement loop to work well.

I had made mine out if a piece of Cobra Brace plastic insert.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

Mmm. That just didn't work for me Dave. I realise I get more sit back clipped to the bridge ring but couldn't get my advancement loop to work well.

I had made mine out if a piece of Cobra Brace plastic insert.

I know it can be a real challenge coming up with an advancing loop that works well. It might be worth your while trying some different materials like accessory cord or even stiff wire. Being able to keep the Hitch Hiker high and tight to your chest when using a knee and foot ascender, makes for a sweet ascent system.

David

Well for me, when I clipped to the loop that I put on the HH, the HH kept twisting around the carabiner a bit. That meant the slack didn't tend easily.

I've found everything to be easier since clipping to the bridge ring. I'm using a Treemotion harness with the bridge at the factory set length.

I just clip to the bridge ring as well.

thanks lads,

tried tying in to the bridge but found it awful uncomfortable ( using a lyon sling with a snap biner), so used a small dyneema extender thing which works fine but I think I might have tied the knot too tight, its fine but it doesn't run through smoothly, guess i'll just have to play around with the knot, might just try the good ol trusted knut knot, my absalute favourite!

didn't get to do the redwoods(postponed till Monday) but had to lift a tree covered in dead ivy, zipped straight up while my workmate in the tree beside me using his hitchclimber nearly killed himself tryin to get to the first branch!

Cheers for the inspiration, I'll try this out tomorrow, though I may have to make it shorter.

No worries mate, Ali all it is is 8mm cord cross stitched to form 2 eyes then had some stein heat wrap from my rope wrench tethers.

Carl be carefull it doesn't hook over the top of the hitch hiker it effects the decent mode and could become dangerous :) have fun with it

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App