Hitch Hiker thread.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So she arrived a few weeks ago but ive been so busy, ive not been up a tree. Today she went out for 3hrs work. So.. my limited review so far (comparison to the other devices).

The HH imo is much better then the RW, especially limb walking and better on returning than the UNI.

Ascents its about the same as the RW but feels easier to use due to its compact design. But the UNI blows this out of the water as it should for ascents.

Speed of the decent its better than the RW as it gets into its rhythm quicker, not as good as the UNI on full chaff but equally as good in Control mode.

It does take a bit longer to setup but then it will for the first few times.

Told ya!

Joking aside, glad you like it. IMO the HH has more perks than the RW and that's why I got one. Difficult for me to say that on here when I got it because everyone was "RW rules!"

I've been tinkering with different hitch cords for the last week which has produced some interesting results. Not worth publishing but it's been good tweaking practice.

Ian, don't forget that hitch tension is super critical and 1mm adjustment transforms the HH from hero to zero and back again.

Now that is really a good idea mate , I've played with a few things but this one really looks nice.

Cheers bud. The needle bearing I'm using is an NTN HK1514L.

Ian I'm glad you like it and it'll be interesting to hear your views once you get to use it more.

Al, I've had a word with nod and he doesn't have any 6mm Liros. He said I could probably get it from a boat place. I've had a look and they do a few different types. Could you take a pic of yours so I can see which one to get please? I'm tempted with some of the HV (whatever it's called) from honeys', has anyone used that?

Hi Ger.

I too have seen the 6mm Liros on Chandlery websites. I've seen white with coloured fleck in it.

Mine is black with green(?) flecks. It's the same stuff that HighScale has used (for reccy climbs).

I'll try to remember to photo mine tomorrow.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

Cheers Al.

I've had a look and seen this, it looks the same apart from the colour

http://www.mailspeedmarine.com/rope/liros/dyneema-sg-200075.bhtml

I won't get any until I know it right, and then just use it for a rec climb to see what it's like. Must look a bit strange having just 6mm hitch anyway.....not much thicker than cotton ha!

It would be interesting to hear your findings from the other day?

That is another advantage of the HH, you only need to buy 1m of hitch line, instead of 3m(to make two) for the hitch climber so there's less waste. Just ordered a metre of both the Liros ropes above. When they come I'll stick a pic up to try and help identify them.