Hitch Hiker thread.

Adam, the HH works great on a tether.

After the right length was found, I had a short tether made with tight eyes. With a carabiner on both ends it is quick to switch from the bridge ring to tether and back as needed.

David

I don't suppose you could post a photo please Dave. I know it's simple and I understand it but photos are nice.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had my first play with the hh in months yesterday, been on spikes non stop since december, i played about with the knot a bit and set up a 5 wrap knut using ocean polyester just to see what it was like compared to the hh knot they recommend, and wow what a difference! it was so sweet, just beautiful to use, never quite got on with the other 7 wrap vt one, the knut i suppose was more intuitive to me as i've climbed on it for a couple of years, the other thing was i had a blast on my mates cougar blue rope, and loved it so much as soon as i got home got on to treestuff and ordered 45m legnth of it!! hopefully alot more work coming up that will inolve moving around a canopy as opposed to jsut sec felling straight sticks so i can get to grips with the hh again :thumbup::thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

Any fixed side plate pulley should work (I use the Petzl one), and really does wonders for slack tending smoothness. It's a bit fiddly to clip in and out with the pulley, though, which is why Dave modified the pulley so you could just hook it into place.