Hitch Hiker thread.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the chap I was working for today is a loler inspector and he said that it really couldn't be lolered. I do have aftermarket splices on my ropes and they pass but are not ce marked. One thing he did say was that in the case if an accident the insurance wouldn't be valid if the HH was being used. Not that I think any things going to happen to the HH of course, it's probably the strongest bit of kit I own.

Got to have a good play on it the other day Adam, it's blooming marvellous isn't it! So much easier climbing back through natural redirects and jumping around than on the RW I found! Think it's because it feels natural to use being just the same layout as the hitch climber! Well chuffed with it 😀

Yeah it's more fun each time I use it :-)

Had to stay in this afternoon to wait for the gas man so I didn't book any work in , that gave me a morning free. I popped down to a bearing place to see if they had anything I could use for a little idea I had. I ended up with this

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1383661692.367969.jpg.331fa8b942f765ac8610b46d58859f3b.jpg

...which I have put here

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1383661735.667273.jpg.ea52f27d9ed6312638eccf8ce652ed34.jpg

Now, I had no problem with the way the HH tended as standard but thought for £4 I may as well see if it makes a difference! So far, I'm not sure because I've only hung from the pergola in the back garden, but it doesn't seem to change the way it feels descending and it does seem to tend slack more consistently.

Anyway, that's about it really, just thought I'd share my thoughts.

Good idea Ger. Be careful though, a few guys in America played around with those grommet things that you can get for Pinto pulleys.

I seem to remember there was no advantage and the possibility of something dodgy happening.

DMc would be the one to ask. I'm sure he'll be along soon.

Cheers Al, yes I will be, low and slow just to have a dabble.

I remember one chap put a bit of metal there as a tending device and that did look like it had a sharp edge that could become troublesome! Hopefully this being a bearing which has been made for speed and heat it'll be ok.

That's why it's good to put your ideas out there, someone else might see massive alarm bells and nip it in the bud before it all goes pear shaped 👍

Yeah it's more fun each time I use it :-)

Had to stay in this afternoon to wait for the gas man so I didn't book any work in , that gave me a morning free. I popped down to a bearing place to see if they had anything I could use for a little idea I had. I ended up with this

[ATTACH]139693[/ATTACH]

...which I have put here

[ATTACH]139694[/ATTACH]

Now, I had no problem with the way the HH tended as standard but thought for £4 I may as well see if it makes a difference! So far, I'm not sure because I've only hung from the pergola in the back garden, but it doesn't seem to change the way it feels descending and it does seem to tend slack more consistently.

Anyway, that's about it really, just thought I'd share my thoughts.

Now that is really a good idea mate , I've played with a few things but this one really looks nice.

So she arrived a few weeks ago but ive been so busy, ive not been up a tree. Today she went out for 3hrs work. So.. my limited review so far (comparison to the other devices).

The HH imo is much better then the RW, especially limb walking and better on returning than the UNI.

Ascents its about the same as the RW but feels easier to use due to its compact design. But the UNI blows this out of the water as it should for ascents.

Speed of the decent its better than the RW as it gets into its rhythm quicker, not as good as the UNI on full chaff but equally as good in Control mode.

It does take a bit longer to setup but then it will for the first few times.

1454982_10151756846812634_2028713555_n.jpg.d93db10de0b8e44e0c455dc5c9462263.jpg

So she arrived a few weeks ago but ive been so busy, ive not been up a tree. Today she went out for 3hrs work. So.. my limited review so far (comparison to the other devices).

The HH imo is much better then the RW, especially limb walking and better on returning than the UNI.

Ascents its about the same as the RW but feels easier to use due to its compact design. But the UNI blows this out of the water as it should for ascents.

Speed of the decent its better than the RW as it gets into its rhythm quicker, not as good as the UNI on full chaff but equally as good in Control mode.

It does take a bit longer to setup but then it will for the first few times.

Hey Ian how much was the postage from the US? Cheers

Sent using My c