Ifor tipper/Anderson lead ??

The Firewood Guys

My problem is is that the battery on the trailer is had it, someone told me about this lead idea which comes straight from the vehicle battery with an in line switch and fuse,this would save me replacing the battery and save having to keep charging it up just wondered if anyone on here has done it.

I use anderson plugs for my jump leads and I have owned tipping trailers powered by them, the secret is to use a good cable which, with the cost of copper and the plugs could add up to the cost of a battery

My problem is is that the battery on the trailer is had it, someone told me about this lead idea which comes straight from the vehicle battery with an in line switch and fuse,this would save me replacing the battery and save having to keep charging it up just wondered if anyone on here has done it.

Ive just had the same problem. Replaced battery had it wired into truck battry was £110 and new plugs all the leads and bits and bobs professionally installed for £190. Now i know it will work all day every day.:thumbup:

Didn't ifor use to supply the early tippers with that setup ?

It's a fair run for a set of leads, and I don't know how true it is but was told the reason ifor stopped that system was due to leads getting too hot.

You are going to want some fairly substantial leads and heavy duty connectors, I would imagine there won't be too much difference in cost either way, but I could be wrong.

You will need some pretty heavy duty cable to run the motor, at least 50mm2, and you'll need about 20 metres of it to get from your truck battery to the trailer. That plus a decent fuse and some conduit will set you back about £150, probably cheaper to buy a new battery. Easy enough job to do though.