Show us your log splitters

D A Tree Surgeons

Just curious anyone any recommendations for a splitter for home use I have a 20hp mini tractor so could use pto drive off that, but I'm concerned not to upset neighbours with engine running for long time,so probably electric? As stacks of logs for home use, at present biggest sections approx 30" dia.x24" long, manual splitting not an option due to recent op and realizing not invincible anymore! Thanks

Thor do some electric/pto combo machines. 20hp is enough to power it pto wise, but may not have enough nose weight to shift it around on the 3 point linkage.

They are one of the best makes, will last a long long time problem free in a domestic setting, but expensive.

Your always building something new mate! Nice looking piece of engineering.

its still to get a coat of paint it didn't work out just as cheap as i had hoped as the engine that came with the pump was dusted thru and needed to get rebuilt but I'm still happy with it this time I've went for speed rather than power hence the smaller did cylinder the first day we used it we were doing a bag in 25 mins

Thor do some electric/pto combo machines. 20hp is enough to power it pto wise, but may not have enough nose weight to shift it around on the 3 point linkage.

They are one of the best makes, will last a long long time problem free in a domestic setting, but expensive.

Thanks will look at that brand was tending to go with Riko but not rushing as want to buy right kit to last rather than cheap and have to replace

does it run of yjr 3rd service ,or other feed

Yeah 3rd service. My telehandler has a rocker switch that gives a constant flow. I bought a big vertical splitter after I made the one pictured so I'm going to alter that one into a kindling machine but I can't find anywhere I can buy a fixed grid type knife to push the wood through

Yeah 3rd service. My telehandler has a rocker switch that gives a constant flow. I bought a big vertical splitter after I made the one pictured so I'm going to alter that one into a kindling machine but I can't find anywhere I can buy a fixed grid type knife to push the wood through

mines hytec ,its called abunji ,keeps it in constant flow :laugh1:

hi jon, ive got 3 Mitsubishi/caterpillar rams and pump off a 18ton digger they are the same rams 20ton+. i was going to upgrade the splitter but too much work. its easier to start again with heavier steel

the jcb rams are 3ft, more blades need more tons

HI GRAHAM talking to my mate tonight about making one we will see thanks jon :thumbup: