Show us your log splitters

D A Tree Surgeons

I know I am only too happy to hold my hands up if I ran it too fast and caused the problems , personally I am not convinced as I never have it blazing away as I'm tight not to use too much diesel!

I vote with my feet so will not return or recommend to others.

I'm using a browns which I have had for a few years and is very good.

I don't want to slate riko but I would be interested to hear if any one else had similar problems or if mine was a Friday afternoon machine or if like mentioned my incorrect usage was to blame :-)

HI DAN after seeing this on here they will ring 1st thing on monday mate it mad to let it get this bad thanks jon :thumbup:

Doubt it Jon probably just get the buck past on to me again, It's always my fault mate :-)

You must not have got my email reply (ages ago), I cant refund without bank details....

Sometimes you cant win, we haven't done anything wrong here.

If you wanted it resolved surely you would have phoned me rather than post on here?

Edited by JimE

You must not have got my email reply (ages ago), I cant refund without bank details....

Sometimes you cant win, we haven't done anything wrong here.

If you wanted it resolved surely you would have phoned me rather than post on here?

Can't get why I should phone you when you new full well there were issues?

Surely good customer care is phoning the client from day 1 when they raise a concern of a machine that's under 6 months old .

I post on here because I have had enough of being fobbed off.

If you didn't receive a response from the EMAIL you sent me AGES ago ref bank details wouldn't it be courteous to give me a call to see if it had been received and not just ignore it ?

Rant Over .....

quite frankly you should have turned down the offer of payment for the repair bill because it was your misuse of the machine that caused the fault

its like driving a car into a wall and expecting the garage that sold it to you fix it

Great comparison your spot on that's exactly right if the brakes failed on the car because you had pumped them too hard for the shitty pump to work properly, surely then they are liable as they sold you a car that's no fit for purpose?

If you see the splitter the pipes are only one problem which I admit speed could have contributed but it was never run at full rpm, frankly the machine failed and bits fell off after doing less than ten cube of logs.

I would never buy from them again and I was never given the chance to return the machine under warranty.

Oh I did request a replacement spirol pin two months ago as the splitter head also fell off but that's probably because I split the wrong type of wood ?

Great comparison your spot on that's exactly right if the brakes failed on the car because you had pumped them too hard for the shitty pump to work properly, surely then they are liable as they sold you a car that's no fit for purpose?

If you see the splitter the pipes are only one problem which I admit speed could have contributed but it was never run at full rpm, frankly the machine failed and bits fell off after doing less than ten cube of logs.

I would never buy from them again and I was never given the chance to return the machine under warranty.

Oh I did request a replacement spirol pin two months ago as the splitter head also fell off but that's probably because I split the wrong type of wood ?

so you didn't run it at a quicker pto speed than was recommended?