kelly kettle

DN22 Gardening

Hi all,

Couple of things.

Firstly, big thanks to Steve J (don't know your user name on here) for the milling lesson on Saturday, learnt loads, and had a great morning to boot :thumbup:

During the morning he fired his Kelly kettle up......Bloody Brilliant...

So......

Wheres the cheapest place to get one ??

And what the difference between the Aluminium ones and the Stainless ones (apart from the metal used :blushing:)

Thanks, Dave

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the ally Kelly kettle, the base distorts with the high heat on ally, we'll eventually. I'd guess the SS will not distort so easily. I've heard that the SS version takes longer to heat up as the metal is not as conducive as ally. I'm perfectly happy with the ally one, I wouldn't bother with the extra expense for SS. Price wise, I guess you can shop about, but I just bought one from a local outdoors shop, support local business sometimes.

Hi all,

Couple of things.

Firstly, big thanks to Steve J (don't know your user name on here) for the milling lesson on Saturday, learnt loads, and had a great morning to boot :thumbup:

During the morning he fired his Kelly kettle up......Bloody Brilliant...

So......

Wheres the cheapest place to get one ??

And what the difference between the Aluminium ones and the Stainless ones (apart from the metal used :blushing:)

Thanks, Dave

HI DAVE theres ebay cheap i got a new one at the car boot sale for £15 thanks jon :thumbup1::thumbup1:

There is some evidence to suggest cooking with Aluminium is not good for your health, I'd guess they offer the SS version for those that have a concern.

Myth 4: Drinking out of aluminum cans or cooking in aluminum pots and pans can lead to Alzheimer’s disease.

Reality: During the 1960s and 1970s, aluminum emerged as a possible suspect in Alzheimer’s. This suspicion led to concern about exposure to aluminum through everyday sources such as pots and pans, beverage cans, antacids and antiperspirants. Since then, studies have failed to confirm any role for aluminum in causing Alzheimer’s. Experts today focus on other areas of research, and few believe that everyday sources of aluminum pose any threat.

I got this from a website, I just can't remember which one - now where's my aluminum mug gone. :confused1: