Agricultural contractors - labour only question

arbmark

Hi Folkies,

I do a bit of self-employed farm labouring work on the side to keep the monies rolling in. General animal feeding, farm sitting, tractor driving, construction, farmsitting, so all labour-only really.

I dont really know what the going rates are so if you dont mind divulging yours, i currently charge £11/hr here in the southwest, just wondered how much any of you guys charge as i would really like to up it!!!!!!! Baby on the way.

i have all the trappings and overheads of a proper arb set-up to consider although i cant expect farmers to pay those rates, but i do want to charge for my varied er, skill-set! :laugh1:

Thanks

Mark

Hi Folkies,

I do a bit of self-employed farm labouring work on the side to keep the monies rolling in. General animal feeding, farm sitting, tractor driving, construction, farmsitting, so all labour-only really.

I dont really know what the going rates are so if you dont mind divulging yours, i currently charge £11/hr here in the southwest, just wondered how much any of you guys charge as i would really like to up it!!!!!!! Baby on the way.

i have all the trappings and overheads of a proper arb set-up to consider although i cant expect farmers to pay those rates, but i do want to charge for my varied er, skill-set! :laugh1:

Thanks

Mark

Can you elaborate? And are you bringing your toys to the party?

Not sure what anyone else thinks but I think your doing well to get that down there, I worked in the southwest farming for several years and I didn't get what your getting and personally think you'll struggle to get any more than what your on sadly, the south west seems to have on average a lot lower rate of pay than the rest of the country hence why I moved away from it

Ha thanks guys - i'll shut up then!

Not really bring tools Mark - labour only really, ppe yes - if its tree work then i make a point of not being taken advantage of - even cutting up logs or just a bit of easy felling. They dont get the gold standard for nowt! If i put the harness on, then i get them to call their bank manager!

Thanks for the advice.

The going rate up in Scotland for a self employed farm labourer is between £10-£15ph only get £15 if you have agri quals. if your on the farmers books you'll be lucky to get £9 if you have agri quals. but the going rate for farm workers is just under £7 self employed or not. thats what the government says so. The other halfs family are all farmers thats how i know. But if you do night shift lambing self employed you can get anything from £600 - £1200 all depends on size of farm and breed and pedigree or not.

Hope thats helps