XP or XPG 550 or 560 Husqvarna?

WoodMouse

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps i did not explain this very well, you only need to to go through the loading of the saw process once, and off you go, letting the saw idle for 2/3 minutes is a fact for auto tune to reset if it will not idle smoothly, anybody who likes to poo hoo this needs to except that some people know alot more than they do.

Perhaps i did not explain this very well, you only need to to go through the loading of the saw process once, and off you go, letting the saw idle for 2/3 minutes is a fact for auto tune to reset if it will not idle smoothly, anybody who likes to poo hoo this needs to except that some people know alot more than they do.

I don't know where you get the information, but you're incorrect about it resetting, the carb has sprung loaded valves controlled by electromagnets, as the saw idles there is less pull from the magnet, so the low leans, the saw compensates by richening the H jet, leading to the bog and sluggish rpm, the saw quickly compensates and retunes itself. It is in no way a factory reset program. Factory reset would cause the saw to be too lean on 13", rich on 18", but no bog during actuation from idle to WOT.

I dunno about autotunes, but the MTronic will reset if you let it idle on start for more than 60 seconds and then switch it off without touching the throttle.

Yes, it's the same as the 576 autotune system, but the new autotune doesn't, it just tunes the saw constantly, but memorises what the conditions are like when last in use.

The idling that you speak of I think refers to the Stihl models that actually have the first generation Husky A/T . It certainly does not need doing on my 560 . You just pick it up , start it , and cut . If you want it ti idle it will but its not compulsory ! I quite obviously dont know jack sheet compared to you but my saw must be different .

DSCF0005.jpg.0a8a0660240b6c8b76f0c7edfb9c3766.jpg

I have spoken to R&D again today who have assured me that this is true regarding the idle, but only if the saw is staling on idle, if your machine is ok then fine. We are on our third generation of carbs on these machines, both Zama and Walbro, so things are moving on at a pace, its always difficult to know which carb, which generation auto tune module which ignition unit, and which software version is fitted to individual machines with out pluging them into a computer. I will let them know Eddy t is the new Auto tune expert in the UK should raise a smile.

I have spoken to R&D again today who have assured me that this is true regarding the idle, but only if the saw is staling on idle, if your machine is ok then fine. We are on our third generation of carbs on these machines, both Zama and Walbro, so things are moving on at a pace, its always difficult to know which carb, which generation auto tune module which ignition unit, and which software version is fitted to individual machines with out pluging them into a computer. I will let them know Eddy t is the new Auto tune expert in the UK should raise a smile.

Well I'm repeating what I've been told by husky, what I've read on the patents, and what I already know on how the machines operate.

I will assume you're either a dealer/repair agent or an arb company being as 50% of your posts are so far off the mark regarding repair of saws.