My First Arb Truck - On a Budget!

Si Stevenson

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this stage I had already ordered the ali planking for the sides.

Peter told me that Service Metals were the people to see about the planking - so I paid them a visit at their Braintree depot in Essex.

I met Rob Fletcher (Director) who spent a good hour talking through my options and their products. I then had a tour of their warehouse and was able to look at/handle all the ali products they have.

I needed to take some measurements before I placed an order ,so Rob let me take some off cuts of the materials to show Rory.

Top service - excellent product - I cannot fault Service Metals!

The head board was reattached.

Ali planking fitted.

Chip catcher on the front part of the chip box.

Ideally I would of had the metal work shot blasted and sprayed, alas time, workshop space and money all dictated otherwise......:thumbdown:

So it was sealed ready for some roller action.......

one of many jobs - to get rid of those "Street Scene" decals! :lol:

DSCF0557.jpg.345238734f692ad45c644e4828c3f0cd.jpg

DSCF0554.jpg.2047d35fd94087b0469a9d37afbd725f.jpg

DSCF0551.jpg.04e8adf28db447aad370d4bcab2d60ac.jpg

Cracking work there Si - looks well though out and well executed.

Out of interest, approx what has it cost you? How much would your mate charge to make another - I will possibly be in this position shortly.

Aiming to buy a tipper and convert for Arb use, however, I would want sides that hinge halfway up, and possibly removable barn doors/rear posts.

Looking forward to the finished truck - liked the idea above, of basket over tool box.

Chris

Cracking work there Si - looks well though out and well executed.

Out of interest, approx what has it cost you? How much would your mate charge to make another - I will possibly be in this position shortly.

Aiming to buy a tipper and convert for Arb use, however, I would want sides that hinge halfway up, and possibly removable barn doors/rear posts.

Looking forward to the finished truck - liked the idea above, of basket over tool box.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I have told Rory that you are interested and he will be along shortly to talk to you.

TBH he has dug out blind for me! I gave him a list as long as my arm of things I wanted - and bearing in mind he had his proper work on as well, he did a great job. :thumbup:

We did discuss a basket above the tool box, for the likes of signs, cones, etc. But alas we ran out of time..... Is it in the post Ror??:001_tongue: