Environment Agency madness i guess!!

Theocus

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the engine on your chipper not get hot?:confused1:

The ash left from the fire is also full of nutrients.

A chipper doesnt get as hot as a fire. I dont object 2 fires, in fact i quite like them, but they cause damage and leave a mess. No arborist would use a f$%kin digger 2 prune a tree, even a willow. which just proves they don't no what they're talking about. Plus the damage left by the digger/fire takes a good year to grow back.

An after thought also, what type of fire light would you use to get wet will to burn!!!!! hmmmmmm.

I will get some pics this week as i think they are almost done, have made a good mess of the gateways with their landys. Missed the classic picture of the 5 guys stood around the willow brash pile, 1 to light the match, 1 to hold the paper, 1 to make the tea, 1 for the risky and 1 to get the petrol when i guess nobodys looking!!!!!

Anyway give me a day and i will get some images.

The easy way, a small quantity of dry softwood eg a broken up old pallet. personally I also like to use a small amount of finely chopped kindling that has previusly been soaked in a saltpeter solution and allowed to dry.

I gaurantee that I can get almost any wood burning fiercly within 30 mins.

Oh a petrol leaf blower allows things to get going farr quicker by acting as a bellow.

An after thought also, what type of fire light would you use to get wet will to burn!!!!! hmmmmmm.

I will get some pics this week as i think they are almost done, have made a good mess of the gateways with their landys. Missed the classic picture of the 5 guys stood around the willow brash pile, 1 to light the match, 1 to hold the paper, 1 to make the tea, 1 for the risky and 1 to get the petrol when i guess nobodys looking!!!!!

Anyway give me a day and i will get some images.

just out of interest has any of this work been negotiated with the local land owner?

The lads in Sweden seem to think that burning untreated timber is ultimately carbon neutral, certainly no more impact than natural decay. Albeit quicker.

I'm with Skyhuck and SWB on this one.

When the situation allows, you can't beat a good burn up at the end of the day. Especially if it's hot enough to melt cider cans down to 10p sized blobs of molten alloy!

Only thing is, missus never believes you have been working so late when it gets dark at 4.30!

• 1 month later...

I have been slack with the pictures, these are 2 i took from the road today, at first i thought it may of been done a one of the house owners but in fact it is part of the row that has been shearollarded!!!!!

I am also not sure of the agreement between the landowner and the EA but shocking neither the less.

DSC_0005.jpg.e18f50a3961afb640b6f14466954f17b.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg.799fc99a0627c20d56f4338a72164141.jpg