Petzl zig zag video

gustharts

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder are ART going to make something specifically for srt?

I wonder, too. So far working SRT is not really legal in Germany - more like a grey area. Neither Hitch Hiker nor Rope Wrench can be used without risking to lose insurance if something happens. To quote from an article published in the German "Kletterblatt":

Das Klettern mit dem Rope Wrench ist in Europa problematisch. Einerseits benötigt er keine Zertifizierung, da er nicht für die Sicherung des Kletterers zuständig ist, sondern nur für die Dosierung und Reibung und als Hilfsmittel dient, andererseits gibt es derzeit noch kein Klettersystem am Einfachseil, das mit einem kurzen Klemmknoten oder passenden Gerät wie dem Lockjack oder Spiderjack nach einer EN-Norm zugelassen wäre. Somit gibt es keine zertifizierte Anwendung, an der man den Rope Wrench bedenkenlos einsetzen darf. Wie immer: Gehen täte es schon, aber erlaubt ist es nicht. Vielleicht findet sich ja ein Hersteller, der die Mühen der Zertifizierung des Klettersystems auf sich nimmt. (Anm. Red.)

c) Rope Wrench

translation:

"Climbing with the rope wrench is problematic in europe (maybe just Germany:confused1:). At the one hand it doesn't need to be certified as it's not used for securing the climber but only for friction and as a supporting tool, on the other hand there is no EN-certified climbing system for SRT with a short friction hitch or appropriate equipment like the Lockjack or Spiderjack. Therefore there is no certified application for which the Rope Wrench could be used unscrupulously. Like always: It would work but it's not allowed. Maybe there is a manufacturer that will go the extra mile to have the climbing system (with the RW) certified."

So since ART is a German company - hopefully they'll be the ones who might one day get SRT-equipment certified together with an appropriate climbing system. But as long as the legal situation is as it is I don't think ART will develop something specifically for SRT when using it for work-positioning and not just access.

cheers, Philipp :)

I wonder, too. So far working SRT is not really legal in Germany - more like a grey area. Neither Hitch Hiker nor Rope Wrench can be used without risking to lose insurance if something happens. To quote from an article published in the German "Kletterblatt":

c) Rope Wrench

translation:

"Climbing with the rope wrench is problematic in europe (maybe just Germany:confused1:). At the one hand it doesn't need to be certified as it's not used for securing the climber but only for friction and as a supporting tool, on the other hand there is no EN-certified climbing system for SRT with a short friction hitch or appropriate equipment like the Lockjack or Spiderjack. Therefore there is no certified application for which the Rope Wrench could be used unscrupulously. Like always: It would work but it's not allowed. Maybe there is a manufacturer that will go the extra mile to have the climbing system (with the RW) certified."

So since ART is a German company - hopefully they'll be the ones who might one day get SRT-equipment certified together with an appropriate climbing system. But as long as the legal situation is as it is I don't think ART will develop something specifically for SRT when using it for work-positioning and not just access.

Does your country's legislation state why it's not an authorised methord?

Thanks for the post :thumbup1:

Adam

Does your country's legislation state why it's not an authorised methord?

Thanks for the post :thumbup1:

Adam

I have no clue. Some things just take forever here. It's only legal to work with a chainsaw on a rope since 2001 in Germany AFAIK - pretty ridiculous. Of course people have done it before but it was not legal and if something happened it always happened on the ground of course (or you'd lose insurance) - never in the tree :001_rolleyes:. Seems like there is no certified SRT climbing system so far.

Just back from America and had a play on one.

photo.jpg.809f305ff0f68fcb2c42327115251048.jpg

We will be taking pre-orders for them as I think they are going to sell out as soon as they arrive. If you want to order one please let me know by email so I can keep all your details in a ZIG ZAG folder.:001_smile: As soon as they arrive we will contact you.

be interesting to see if its got the same preciseness as a hitch. i think tiny movements or big leaps and stopping gradually might be hard. and probs more down to the gloves on the rope to similar to spiderjack.

I had a little go on one at the swiss comp and worked pretty nicely, self tended well but not quite as good as a spiderjack. i think the key is finding the perfect rope to match it, would be very important. and properly worth knowing, as maybe you have to buy a new rope to go with it. otherwise maybe be a waste kinda like spiderjack on anything bigger than 12mm.

Just a thought tho....

Mog