Best sub 750kg chipper??

Brett

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive used both day in day out there isnt a noticable difference its the same infeed shoot just classed as 1 inch more and has abit more power, its like the 190 ive used that its not that noticable unless your sticking alot of timber through them. The 125 is definetly under estimated by alot of folks.

I've used a 24hp 125 a LOT - excellent for small material; very hard on the machine chipping over 4" constantly; the diesels will be in another league in this respect.

I've used a 24hp 125 a LOT - excellent for small material; very hard on the machine chipping over 4" constantly; the diesels will be in another league in this respect.

Chipping timber is defo a big chipper job but my point is the price difference from the 125 to the 150 isnt shown in performance really. Only downfall is its petrol that is only thing i can fault it with aswell but lightness push it about small get in places does the domestic tree work no worries.

Iv'e got the 25hp entec equivelent, and it's been the best piece of equipment Iv'e ever bought. No bearing since Iv'e had it 6/7 years. Yes, it's heavy on petrol, but it's light and will chip all day every day. When your driving over the Dales hills you don't want anything heavy. No need to chip over 4" as it's a log.

We had a week of daytime road-closures so the pressure to get the job moved on at the end of each day was considerable.

There were three sorting tasks after the felling. Haul the bigger timber away to a suitable place, pick up and remove all the stacks 2.0m cordwood (anything down to 1 1/2" top) and clear the brash.

If the site allowed, the tractor simply pushed up a pile onto the road edge and beyond. If not the little petrol driven Timberwolf 125 was called upon and did a superb job. It did not need to be towed once on site as it was light and nimble. :biggrin:I was impressed with its ability to cope with most things that were fed into it.

As has been pointed out anything at 4" is a firewood log and, in my opinion, should not be wasted.:001_rolleyes:

codlasher.

Timberwolf 125 is'nt even on the playing field. Dont like the narrow infeed on the 150.

Quadchip needs to be exceptional for the price compared to the others, thinking about demoing one.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the ease of use compared to other 6" machines, due to the hopper design, lack of bottom stop bar and feed roller layout.

Having said that those features are shared by the GM150, so if you don't need the turntable and folding chute then save some dosh and get that instead.

I bought my QC before the new 150 came out, but I think I would still spend the extra over the 150.

I have had a tw150 and compared to that my new quadqhip is a whole different machine. Spent today siding up a overgrowen thorn hedge for a new footpath and all day was amazed at how well stuff was pulled in without being cut into tiny little bits.

When i got it i thought the turntable would be handy but now wounder how we used to cope without.

Something no1 has mentioned is ease of maintanance, the greenmech being 1 of the easiest chippers i have had to change blades in, 20 min all done the 2nd time. still never managed to do the tw in under an Hr.