husky 365 - x torque or not?

jrose

Hi all,

After me and my 346xp took a bit of a dive into a river, I may well be in the market for a new ground saw :blushing:

I'm looking at the 365, as I've got an old one which I like. If I buy a new one from one of the suppliers on here, will it have the newer X Torq engine, or the old one? If it has the new engine, the plan is for it to run a 20" bar most of the time going up to 25" for the occassional bigger bit, does that sound reasonable or too much?

cheers,

Joe

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought of the 560, but I'm not sure it would be up to a 20" bar for everyday use; also, I have an old 365 which bars, chains and spare bits can be interchanged if neccessary.

What I'm getting at is there's 2 flavours of 365/372s as I understand it - the older 365/372 which uses the old type of engine, and the new ones which use the new type of X Torque, scavenging, strattyfieing whatever you want to call it? So the new 365 is actually 70cc (ish), more powerful than the old one, just not sure if they're available yet or how to tell which one I'll be getting?

Of course, I may have the wrong end of the stick, but that's how I understood it.

Get you now, I do believe there was one of the 365's that the 372 pot wouldnt fit. Could be due to this, but cant be much more help.

You do have a point about the bigger bar thing though, these older design machines will fare better than the 560. I run a 560 with 18" .325, and a 372 with 20" 3/8. The 372 would easily take a 28" bar, whereas, the 560 is likely to be topping out at 20".

I know they're not direct comparisons, but hope you get the jist.

The 365 is actually an XP saw, just not branded as such. Same saw as the 372xp, just smaller pot.

Awsome saw anyhow, but have you thought of the 560xp?

no its not . It has a different carb and it revs slower . The 365 special has tjhe bottom end of a 372XP but it will not rev out like an XP saw because it is not designed to . I will however last a long time .

no its not . It has a different carb and it revs slower . The 365 special has tjhe bottom end of a 372XP but it will not rev out like an XP saw because it is not designed to . I will however last a long time .

Very sorry, sounds like I offended you:blushing:

It was my understanding that when the 300 range of huskys came out, the 265 and 272 would become 365 and 372 respectively. The 357 that came out was said to be too close to the 365 and maybe in competition in sales terms, so the xp was never put on the 365, it was put into the semi pro range although still having the pro pedigree.

I may be wrong though, as I generally know very little of what Im waffling about:001_rolleyes:

Can't help with the OP - other than that I'd be looking at the 372 for the extra go about it for the same weight, however following the rest of the conversation, I've often wondered if there's a definitive answer as to what makes the XP saws different to the others.

Once upon a time (and not that long ago) the husky range was split up something like Domestic, Part time Pro and Super Pro. At the time the 353 was in the Super Pro range but wasn't an XP, and then shortly later the ranges got split as domestic, robust and XP and the 353 got moved down a class.

Dunno where the 365 sat at the time but the 353 was a bit similar in that it shared many parts with the 346xp as the 365 does with the 372xp. Also, not forgetting the 359 and 357xp.

Edited by Chris Sheppard

I have a 365 which i've had for about 8 years. It may of had a 15" bar on it for a week rest of the time it has a 20" bar on it. Other than the chain break it's never had a problem.

I've put a 24 on a 372 which is close enough the same saw just revs higher and that was ok with a the long bar would want it on all the time though. I've only use the X torq on the 576 and it seems ok. If a new 365 come with x torque get one with x torque just means that the cylinder carb and exhaust and air filter from the old one probably wont fit.