Husky 550XP

axman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, how many years you ran stihl & husky saws WoodEd?

i used stihl for a good year befor i had even come across husky... the firm i work for only have stihl so i do actully use them.. luckly im one of the last there with an old ms361.. all my personal saw are husky. i did a 2 year stint of being self employed befor here...

Did a bit of an experiment with mine today. Not had it out for a few weeks but it ran as good as usual.

Filled it up, pumped primer 4/5 times one there was some resistance. Choke, pulled couple of times til it fired, choke off, pulled a couple of times and it started.

Ran til it was dry, refuelled straight away, pumped primer 4/5 times once resistance felt, no choke or half throtttle, started first pull.

Ran part tank through then did something else for an hour or so. Set half throttle, started second pull.

Ran til empty and did the same as first time.

Had I been trying to start it lke an older saw and used choke after refuelling and cold start it would have flooded in no time.

my husky 550xp starts not to bad but hesitates and cuts out a few times when cold, runs ok after heated up, is this an issue to be concerned about?

Do you mean as soon as it's started and you're trying to rev it out? Or do you mean after a few seconds but before it's settled down?

Quite a lot of 2 strokes are a bit farty for the first few seconds but settle down fairly quickly - most of the 357's I've used are notably like it and my old MX bikes were the same. Dunno what causes it though.

Do you mean as soon as it's started and you're trying to rev it out? Or do you mean after a few seconds but before it's settled down?

Quite a lot of 2 strokes are a bit farty for the first few seconds but settle down fairly quickly - most of the 357's I've used are notably like it and my old MX bikes were the same. Dunno what causes it though.

yes mate a bit farty lol as soon as its started for the first few seconds. :laugh1:

Did a bit of an experiment with mine today. Not had it out for a few weeks but it ran as good as usual.

Filled it up, pumped primer 4/5 times one there was some resistance. Choke, pulled couple of times til it fired, choke off, pulled a couple of times and it started.

Ran til it was dry, refuelled straight away, pumped primer 4/5 times once resistance felt, no choke or half throtttle, started first pull.

Ran part tank through then did something else for an hour or so. Set half throttle, started second pull.

Ran til empty and did the same as first time.

Had I been trying to start it lke an older saw and used choke after refuelling and cold start it would have flooded in no time.

The choke is replaced with the primer bulb for refuelling stats . thats the only difference .

Having spent far too much tme reading the equipment forum, I finally bought the 550xp as a replacement for my MS260. I always liked the Stihl, a very faithful saw, but the Husqvarna is fantastic replacement, I am well pleased and have not encountered any problems yet! Thanks to the forum and Rouse's in Aylsham.

Having spent far too much tme reading the equipment forum, I finally bought the 550xp as a replacement for my MS260. I always liked the Stihl, a very faithful saw, but the Husqvarna is fantastic replacement, I am well pleased and have not encountered any problems yet! Thanks to the forum and Rouse's in Aylsham.

Top blokes at Rouse's could i just say that if we all keep buying over the internet top places like that will be gone and we will all be in a muddle when ours saws need fixing in a hurry. We have already lost Robin Smith's i've been told. Rouse's have always given good discount and have always been there when the internet hasn't.