Well, wild wood was rubbish so........

normandylumberjack

I think we all agree that the wild wood bbc4 program left us feeling a little cheated, as far as good tv is concerned I think that the members of Arbtalk could do a much better show.

Here's by idea;

It will be a cross between Axmen, harry hill, benny hill, x factor and gladiators!

I will be the host, mendiplogs can do the script, wooded can be the sex appeal, spud can do the tech stuff, and mr bullman can edit! we will have a show down each week timbersport style with the looser being humiliated dragons den style, there would be a musical bit, which will be spontaneous and monty python themed. the finale will be an Ateam inspired build to rescue a woodland from neglect and the developers, oh and we will all travel in the Ateam van! (possibly a unimog?)

I think you will all agree, its a winner. :thumbup:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had someone come to the office about that par-charring technique. He said he would be able to get grant money by mid october and be up and running by november. We haven't heard diddly from him recently about him starting the thinning works. Although it would work they were on about selling the stuff which is only 2-4 inch diametre for £15 a bag which only held 5 kg. According to him it was to cover the cost of the fuel, haulage and labour to make it.

I think we all agree that the wild wood bbc4 program left us feeling a little cheated, as far as good tv is concerned I think that the members of Arbtalk could do a much better show.

Here's by idea;

It will be a cross between Axmen, harry hill, benny hill, x factor and gladiators!

I will be the host, mendiplogs can do the script, wooded can be the sex appeal, spud can do the tech stuff, and mr bullman can edit! we will have a show down each week timbersport style with the looser being humiliated dragons den style, there would be a musical bit, which will be spontaneous and monty python themed. the finale will be an Ateam inspired build to rescue a woodland from neglect and the developers, oh and we will all travel in the Ateam van! (possibly a unimog?)

I think you will all agree, its a winner. :thumbup:

:thumbup:

So much for the expert he employed to get the ash tree hung up :confused1:

This week's been the closest I've been to switching it off so far. It's not really painting a good picture of reality is it

Steve blair for the pimp my woody machine! Mr Flatters for casual pole climbing shots. They could be recycled 8 times through the show as all tv is now, the firewood forum regulars could protest how its not viable anymore etc etc. I think it would be a goer. Viral web sensation could lead to bigger things and the show could cover the whole country.

The big question who do we nominate for our Fred Dibnah ancient obsessive guru.

Hama could fill the steve irwin slot. If he would allow it.

I've been looking to give it the benefit of the doubt but that was a disgrace.

Where is the health and safety; not some interfering guy with a clipboard but the guy with half an ounce of common sense in his head? No discussion as to how they could fell it; where the gaps were, where it could get hung up, no mention of escape routes "we have to be very aware of safety, not tripping" was the apparent advice available to the viewer, no winch on site...i wonder if they had any kind of risk assessment?

Putting a programme out on national tv it would be a great opportunity to provide a good example rather than describing seemingly anyone as an expert without having the common sense to actually check their credentials, then ballsing it up and making out it's all fine whilst trying to hide you mistakes.

On the voiceover the guy says (of the second stem), "...but the trunk has remained straight - so it could fall in any direction" :laugh1: such a statement is nothing short of misinformation.

So in summary, what a cupboard full of mugs.

couldn't agree more with all the above comments it paints a poor picture for the general public with there rose tinted glasses.

one tree equals : one guy to fell it ( well hang it up )

one huge tractor to winch it down

one guy all day to snedd and cut it

one horse logger to extract to road side ( half day)

i'm putting my rates up if the general public will buy into this ha ha ha

:thumbup:

just watched this weeks apology, what a fiasco, whre in hell did he find his spanish "expert", I wouldnt let the guy trim hedges, never mind fell trees, not one decent cut in the six they showed. this will send completly the wrong message out to joe public. He should have brung in a local guy who actualy knew what they were doing