Non protective climbing boots.

gustharts

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dak, really struggling to find this model. Have you got a link/supplier?

Thanks.

You still after a pair even though 2 people have said they fall off your feet sharpish.

Stuart Sports - 015394 43001 - They had quite a few pairs of Crestas in in September when I got mine. Might be worth a call.

Nod also said he may be getting some in November. I havent spoken to him about them recently though.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Rich Rule

If you can find the older model, snap em up!! Without doubt the most comfortable boot I've used-even thenew ones with dodgy eyelets are really comfortable. I'm going to replace Te eyelets with hollow rivets and run the laces through them. It may work..

did a search but not sure they are coming up with the right ones. I found them for 150 but it says trainer in the description.

That is 5 quid more than he Crestas. :001_tt2:

Being a tight ersed Northerner, I went for the Crestas at 145.

Edit: there you go mate.

Salewa MS MTN TRAINER MID GTX - Hiking Boots - black - Zalando.co.uk

are these them?

or these

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/SALEWA-MTN-TRAINER-charcoal-limeade/dp/B008YFQUXO[/ame]

Edited by Rich Rule

Thanks Dak, I've since sourced plenty of suppliers and can get them for £115 - £120.

I think Ewans were a different, lighter boot (Alp trainer), rather than your MS MTN Trainer MID GTX maybe explaining longevity issues. They have less bloody letters on the back of boy racer cars eh!

How do they size up?

I'm a EU42/UK 8.5 in AKUs, but a 9 generally, and choices seem to be round no's only.

I think the Crestas will be great as well, but fancy a change and these look awesome!