Bad payers

Steve Bullman

I always like to work the classic Joke "Oh the guy who owns all the chainsaws and knows where you live always gets paid he he (insert Crazy eyes:drunk:)" into the job somehow or other and suprisingly I've had no problems thus far.

Ha ha me to, when some clients ask if i require their chq. garuntee card I often say no jokingly and tell them we know where they live etc.

I only ever had two clients I didn't get the money out of. It's not worth the hassle of courts in my opinion.

Good luck Steve :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a b it awkward...its a regular customer who was made redundant so i initially told him not to worry about my invoice till he got himself sorted out...basically i was trying to help the guy out, that was a year ago. im going round tomorrow and i told him im expecting full payment, so we'll see what happens.

maybe thats the problem, give em a inch and they'll take a mile, if i had work done and i didnt have a job i would still pay in one way or another, there is no excuse for bad payers!!!!!!!!!!!

A few years back i'd blow up and be on the verge of thrashing someone if they gave me the run a round, I worked for a proper nut job last year he and his neighbour claimed I broke up a portion of garden edging and took it away 'it wasn't their in the first place'' and thats no joke! he also went beserk because I move 6 railways sleepers 2' to the left to get my grinder into the garden, he said he had them all stacked up ready to lay them.

They took weeks to pay In the end I had to send my wife to his house to collect payment, other wise I could very well be typing this in Norwich prison!

I had a customer refuse to pay(didnt have the funds)from a prick 2 day job.Couldnt pick them husband was there making us cups of tea and being nice first day n all.His wife was a real snake and did not want to pay,I remembered her husband said about a buisness they had so i tracked them down and rang there receptionist and other employees telling them there boss was going broke and to watch out.Paid within the week.

isnt there a law or ruling somewhere that if a debt isnt paid in a year and a day, then its voided? I seem to remember this cropping up a few years back, so it may be different now. As far as the client is concerned in this instance, I'm sure he could have paid this off by now, or offered a settlement of around 50%. Maybe thats what I'd say to him. 50% payment, clear his name, then erase him from your client base.