Bad payers

Steve Bullman

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How late do you think is acceptably late?

4+ grand invoiced December '13, 30 days net terms but nothing despite a courteous email and 'phonecall.

Am I being impatient and unreasonable or quite within my rights to be getting frustrated?

If they knew your payment t&c when they booked you in, you have every right to be peed off. I'd invoice them again with a note to the effect that they are late in paying. Hope you have a penalty for late payment in your t&c. :001_smile:

Phoned area manager today to see if he could chase; said accounts don't have an invoice despite me emailing it a) in December b) accounts confirmed invoice received and in system and c) again this Monday just gone... When you ring accounts they haven't got a purchase order... I'm not subbying for them again despite the promise of a lot of work. January is always float anihilation month; why should I go overdrawn at my expense for them eh?! Grrrrr!

its only £200, not worth getting a debt collecting agency involved for that ammount!

its a percetage of what is owed. mine was for 5k £100 for putting in coutrs hands £40 to have it read by a judge and papers sent to other party.

then was £350 to have it go to court to be heard as other side contested.

i won and got what was owed well i made a mistake on the forms so got 2.5k plus costs. i just asked for cost of engine instead of breaking it down.

so if you go on county courts website it will give you what it costs you then apply by paying the fee. you then need to fill out the forms so not just what is owed interest on overdue acount phone calls letters and your time dealing with it but needs breaking down so it cna be seen what you are asking for.

if you just ask for £200 then thats all you will get so put down what it has cost you to take to court. draw back is if they have nowt and in debt then will be a struggle getting money from them you could have them agree to pay so much a month but they would have to do a income and expences sheet if therre income is less than what is owed then may be a dead duck. only other way id employed at the last stage can get a attachment of earnings put on so it takes from there wages at a set amount. good luck

No your returning their waste you don't want to get done for theft now do you ;) I have a client i'm doing that to next week. Won't return phone calls or anything.

be carefull they could have you done for criminal damage. i know its mad but go the route of the courts then you are above them and have the courts on your side not you being nicked and hauled before the magistrates.

How late do you think is acceptably late?

4+ grand invoiced December '13, 30 days net terms but nothing despite a courteous email and 'phonecall.

Am I being impatient and unreasonable or quite within my rights to be getting frustrated?

It's not that late yet.. I had some advice from folk on here before, worked well for me:

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/business-management/62515-unpaid-invoices.html

when the mechanic fixes ur car do you say invoice me and i'll pay within 30 days if i can be bothered, this 30 day invoice really annoys me, job done ur happy then pay me..... it should be that simple ....... big argh

I have many accounts with all manner of suppliers, they all give me 30 days, why should I begrudge my customers of the same??