Amazing what a Botex can do.....

Tom D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brushcutter why do you say the extension can be a pain

Do you all use the standard valve block controls ?

Double extensions can be quite easy to bend if not use correctly. Seen a Ponsse S10 with a bent extension and it wasn't just a case of heating it back straight either. I must admit to not knowing how the 580 is set up. I did look on you tube at the 580 crane and the extensions seem to work in tandem which is very good as it's harder to bend them. What i don't like is the way the hoses hang down for the second extension if you were chipping with it i could see those getting caught very easily.

I have the standard Botex valve block controls, which is a massive imporvemt over their old 8 leavers. The down side is that the extension is painfully slow. You should put the extension out as you extend the dipping boom but its so slow but and wacking the pump up doesn't do much either, i think its the way it's set up. Watching the 580 on you tube though which i assume runs off the tractor spools the extension seems the speed it should be.

Yes Tregothnan estate near Truro had a half track one (based on a ford 7000 i think):001_smile:

Driven by the late Terry Cook, That machine inspired me into this career path! also nice old county until the new scotish woodsman sold it for a Valmet, chopped in the Massey 135 and fordsons for it too as i remember.

Did you work there too?

Last time I visited they still had the "Bear" and the Valmet was parked up with an Igland? on it gathering dust. I was told that the woodsman that purchased it didn't allow for any maintenance costs and blew his entire budget, and various working machines in its acquisition. I loved working there in the days of Brian Bowden, who gave me my first job, and learning from Terry & Dominic, and rob the sawyer. The new bloke did away with all that, and i think he got the boot just after i left!

Last time I visited they still had the "Bear" and the Valmet was parked up with an Igland? on it gathering dust. I was told that the woodsman that purchased it didn't allow for any maintenance costs and blew his entire budget, and various working machines in its acquisition. I loved working there in the days of Brian Bowden, who gave me my first job, and learning from Terry & Dominic, and rob the sawyer. The new bloke did away with all that, and i think he got the boot just after i left!

Do you mean Terry voacs ? (big terry ) ?