Are we allowed to tackle this?

Perkins

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How things have changed I remember back in 2000 working over live lines in Cornwall reducing overhang right over the top of lines and now you can't work within 15m?!!!

I understand that shut downs is the way forward but I've been trying to get Western Power to do a shut down for over 12months now and that willow tree has big branches rubbing the wires! Had a site meeting there 12months ago and am no further forward!

• 2 weeks later...
Shat my self this week. I was hedge trimming near unisulated wires, safe distance away.

Lorry came through the village and ripped wires from across the road and power lines came down next to me.

Lorry just carried on. :0

Yeah think I would have an emergency runway in my pants after that.

I only found out a short while ago that the wires will charge three times once they are down. So still live for a short time after breaking.

Yeah think I would have an emergency runway in my pants after that.

I only found out a short while ago that the wires will charge three times once they are down. So still live for a short time after breaking.

Not necessarily 3 times, could be any number of times that the auto recloser is set at.I think a few metal thieves have been caught out that way thinking it only comes in so many times when they fell a tree onto the line and bring it down,then they go in to cut the copper and it switches in again.Any lines brought down or damaged should be considered live until proven dead and earthed by DNO