posch s-300

j warwick

Please post your thoughts post your day here please. The 280 with hyd feed looks nice compared to my manual japa 700. There is a used 300 at Wilsons at present but I am sure you probably have that machine in mind. When I am doing 3m long 250mm + timber on my own that is really tough and so so slow even with a teleporter to load the rack. With the 700 the timber moves into the machine, worked out now that its easier to place the processor closer and lop the logf in half with a chainsaw. A hyd infeed 280 or 300 would stop all that.

A

Will do im only in Warwickshire so if I do end up buying a machine you would be more than welcome to come for a view. Im of to have a go with the 280 today so will let you know the outcome.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will do im only in Warwickshire so if I do end up buying a machine you would be more than welcome to come for a view. Im of to have a go with the 280 today so will let you know the outcome.

That I may well take you up on, I am near Mi J18. Using a machine for a few hours you soon find out the niggles, far better than a 10 minute demo with perfectly straight silver birch.

A

Reading this post and trying to answer the OP.

I'm assuming you are looking at the newer orange and green machine which has a few modifications from the original blue and white one.

Little improvements to the orange and green made quite a difference. These were; Better bearings & carriage for the blade. This enabled harsher treatment was absorbed into the metal. The belt adjuster was improved too.

A hydraulic ram was fitted to the splitter and this speeded up adjustment as and when the size of billet changed. The return bar became solid instead of hollow. This stopped it bending. The original frame remains the same and is well proven after 25+ years of production.

These were designed for cordwood and I understand the frustrations with arb type wood with the bends and size restrictions. Perhaps a chain-saw machine would better suit but these have their own issues!:001_rolleyes:

I am a Posch fan and have had good service from mine and have provided many tons of cordwood over the years to the newer machine that a colleague operates.

I have only seen the latest 350 at the APF and was impressed by its capability but £20k is a lot of money:biggrin:

I think the handling/supply side is much overlooked. Yes, by all means cut a piece of cord in half to feed the saw, but this is not really maximising the capabilities of your processor....The whole idea is to work this machine at or near its capacity producing firewood, and this is where a log handling system comes in. Just getting your produce up to the hight of the in-feed hopper is a start. Having an hours or 1/2 a days stored at that level is even better. You are then just processing firewood not messing about with a chain-saw or lifting heavy objects! This maximising of productivity also justifies the initial monetary outlay.

The storage of the end product is a personal choice so I won't look too closely at that.

I agree with the 'getting used to your machine' comment. Again this is down to research of the most suitable type. What I have noticed over the years of going to the APF, and I've only missed one, is the increase in; 1, firewood processors and; 2, log handling equipment to feed, store, convey and hold.

Who would have imagined these fantastic net bags ten years ago:thumbup1:

Resale is a big consideration too. Posch is up at the top of the list in second -hand values too which is often a big decider.

I hope this helps you with your decision.

Codlasher.:biggrin:

Before you buy, have a look at the Xylog 320 from Rabaud, we had these new processors at the APF on our Home forestry stand on the demo circuit. They have a 320 mm cut, 800mm TCT circular saw blade. Forward and reverse infeed table, 4 m forward and pulse reverse, folding elevator.The saw has a travel speed setting for small or larger timber, automatic hydraulic log clamp and log stop. wide V channel log hopper to line up logs for 10 tonne splitter, with 2-4 way knive as standard with 6 way as option. Optional self contained hydraulic pump and tank kit, and it weighs in at 1080 KG, built like a small battle ship.

WE have our first truck load coming in from france and they are working and selling well. Prices start at just over £10,000 plus vat. we will have our first working demo machine on the yard in about 2 1/2 weeks. please come and see it working for as long as you like. We also have our website with the video of it working on video 4 page,

cheers nathan

That I may well take you up on, I am near Mi J18. Using a machine for a few hours you soon find out the niggles, far better than a 10 minute demo with perfectly straight silver birch.

A

We were working in that area on thursday we were on the move in the tractors and spreaders I do recall going by a yard doing firewood. Very good chance it was you not to far of the A5.

Yesterday I did a couple of hours on the 280 and from what I seen and achieved was more impressed than I first imagined. The blade did start to jam on a few occasions but found if you stopped just short of the stop plate it allowed slight movement in the log to be cut it seemed to releave and friction and resistance. The guy who owns the proccesssor is running it of a small Iseki tractor and says if the blade did jam the tractor will stall so using a big tractor could cause belt damage. Well impressed with the splitter logs did pretty somtimes not fall on the side and had to be manually adjusted which was not to much of an issue as shoved it right up against the knife cut another log and split them in one stroke. Shame the elevator doesnt fold in half this could make transporting on a tractor sometimes tricky. overall impressed.

Before you buy, have a look at the Xylog 320 from Rabaud, we had these new processors at the APF on our Home forestry stand on the demo circuit. They have a 320 mm cut, 800mm TCT circular saw blade. Forward and reverse infeed table, 4 m forward and pulse reverse, folding elevator.The saw has a travel speed setting for small or larger timber, automatic hydraulic log clamp and log stop. wide V channel log hopper to line up logs for 10 tonne splitter, with 2-4 way knive as standard with 6 way as option. Optional self contained hydraulic pump and tank kit, and it weighs in at 1080 KG, built like a small battle ship.

WE have our first truck load coming in from france and they are working and selling well. Prices start at just over £10,000 plus vat. we will have our first working demo machine on the yard in about 2 1/2 weeks. please come and see it working for as long as you like. We also have our website with the video of it working on video 4 page,

cheers nathan

Hi Nathan let me know when they arrive I wouldnt mind having a look where are you based. We not to far from Coventry

No probs, will be in touch. if you can send me you email address i will get in contact as soon as we get one on the yard working. Got lots of folks coming over to view it. We will also be able to supply them with a 3 phase electric motor, when we get a price from France. Lots of users at the show wanted this option so we have asked Rabaud's production team to sort it and let us know costs. our website is Home Forestry

We are based just south of Bridgnorth in Shropshire, only about an hour away from yourself. We have 170 acres of woodland so lots of trees to go at. Cheers

No probs, will be in touch. if you can send me you email address i will get in contact as soon as we get one on the yard working. Got lots of folks coming over to view it. We will also be able to supply them with a 3 phase electric motor, when we get a price from France. Lots of users at the show wanted this option so we have asked Rabaud's production team to sort it and let us know costs. our website is Home Forestry

We are based just south of Bridgnorth in Shropshire, only about an hour away from yourself. We have 170 acres of woodland so lots of trees to go at. Cheers

is the 320 fully hydraulic