demonstrating a firewood processor?

Samuel

Big machines like the 50x can produce a lot of logs fast but they need to be constantly fed BIG logs that are reasonably straight. A 250mm log going through it wont be any faster than the same log going through a smaller machine.

You will also need equipment to handle the logs and feed such a machine. Arb waste is usually cut in far shorter, thinner and more manageable lengths or rings.

I was quite impressed with the Posch 350 at the arb show, the new Japa 380 looked a decent bit of kit as well. The JAPA will be at Fuelwood I would think.

A

Big machines like the 50x can produce a lot of logs fast but they need to be constantly fed BIG logs that are reasonably straight. A 250mm log going through it wont be any faster than the same log going through a smaller machine.

You will also need equipment to handle the logs and feed such a machine. Arb waste is usually cut in far shorter, thinner and more manageable lengths or rings.

I was quite impressed with the Posch 350 at the arb show, the new Japa 380 looked a decent bit of kit as well. The JAPA will be at Fuelwood I would think.

A

Ks 50 looks a good machine 48cm capacity with 24 tonne splitter. IMO If you buy in cord you need a machine of at least 37cm cap. If you will be trying to put arb waste through I would look at the dalen. A machine with wide mouth and easy to lift guards with automatic disarm would be ideal.

Ks 50 looks a good machine 48cm capacity with 24 tonne splitter. IMO If you buy in cord you need a machine of at least 37cm cap. If you will be trying to put arb waste through I would look at the dalen. A machine with wide mouth and easy to lift guards with automatic disarm would be ideal.

For what my outsiders opinion is worth, and from someone who was mad-keen to purchase a firewood processor but ended up with a splitter and cross cut saw instead.

First I have been surprised at how much of the processor operators time is spent inside the machine manually re-aligning logs or off cuts.

This from my observations of demos at 2 different large suppliers and the APF on several occassions.

My own simplistic analysis is that there is perhaps more to be gained from a well thought out mechanised handling system at both ends of the firewood production system, than from any particular fire wood production system itself.

I particularly liked the 2 different "revolver" billet saws, with the simple bench to set the bundle of billets at waist height, a very slick operation.

I also liked the American built double action bench splitter for rings, with a different splitter set up to each side, again very slick if fed rings from a bench, no wasted hydraulic ret strokes and absolutly foolproof, though it occurs to me that our H&S might have some issues with operator safety?

For what my outsiders opinion is worth, and from someone who was mad-keen to purchase a firewood processor but ended up with a splitter and cross cut saw instead.

First I have been surprised at how much of the processor operators time is spent inside the machine manually re-aligning logs or off cuts.

This from my observations of demos at 2 different large suppliers and the APF on several occassions.

My own simplistic analysis is that there is perhaps more to be gained from a well thought out mechanised handling system at both ends of the firewood production system, than from any particular fire wood production system itself.

I particularly liked the 2 different "revolver" billet saws, with the simple bench to set the bundle of billets at waist height, a very slick operation.

I also liked the American built double action bench splitter for rings, with a different splitter set up to each side, again very slick if fed rings from a bench, no wasted hydraulic ret strokes and absolutly foolproof, though it occurs to me that our H&S might have some issues with operator safety?