What to wear?

Matt83

Firstly, please forgive me if this seems naive but keep in mind I am still relatively new to this industry. I'm hoping for nothing but friendly and helpful replies!

I've been self employed for 5 months as a Groundie and tomorrow I have my first interview for a Groundsman position, trouble is I am at a loss as to how to dress! In my previous life normal attire for such an occasion would always require me to be suited and booted but the guy I work for most the time has suggested this might be too much.

Do I go in shirt and trousers? Do I go in smart casual?

Please help!

Cheers

Matt

IMO I would go in some sort of smart dress ie smart trousers or jeans and a shirt, leave your trousers and boots in the car if you need to do some sort of pratical assessment you can get changed,

thats what i did on my last interview they were supprised but very happy with it, espically if its a big firm you may have better scope for the future.

i have to admit it is a difficult balancing act.

good luck mate I have struggled for the last six months looking for a new full time employer went to a few interview but half of them never got back to me :001_huh:

got a new job now happy days :biggrin:

i would attend your interview in a smart shirt or very smart casual, it might sound stupied but comes across as youve made the effort for the interview, you may only be grounding but you look like you want to be considered youve made that extra effort against the lad who turns up in ripped jeans and dirty t shirt.

i would attend your interview in a smart shirt or very smart casual, it might sound stupied but comes across as youve made the effort for the interview, you may only be grounding but you look like you want to be considered youve made that extra effort against the lad who turns up in ripped jeans and dirty t shirt.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Smart casual with boots and ballistics in car ready. Stand out, if other come in stinking work gear it shows you as a bit more professional as you can also dress up smart. Just don't go covered in aftershave and smelling like a poooofs parlour.

Had quite a few interviews recently.

You only get one chance to make a first impression so make it count!

Make sure your early.

Shiney shoes ironed shirt etc etc.

Clean PPE in the van including some polished boots.

Make sure your van is clean too.

If the boss sees you look after your own stuff good chance you'll look after his.