Anyone fancy teaching a lad to climb like the pro's? :)

YoGi_93

Thanks for the vote of convedence mate, I'm sure there are better offers out there but up till now it seems I'm the only one to make the offer.....:biggrin:

And arron I was not being dramatic about your post nor did I want you to change what you had put, just trying to work out why everyone is wanting to learn more but not pay a small price ? Nice of you to re think though buddy respect for that...:thumbup1:

My post was out of sorts for me, thanks for pulling me up :001_smile: good skills

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the vote of convedence mate, I'm sure there are better offers out there but up till now it seems I'm the only one to make the offer.....:biggrin:

And arron I was not being dramatic about your post nor did I want you to change what you had put, just trying to work out why everyone is wanting to learn more but not pay a small price ? Nice of you to re think though buddy respect for that...:thumbup1:

I'll come for a climb one day, would have to fit my busy schedule though:lol::biggrin:

Maybe we could arrange summat adam?

Adam the guy I started climbing for when I was 19 worked with sam from time to time and learnt great deal from him which he then passed on to me. He would tell me great storys of how amazing sam was up a tree. Id love to of met him.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

It's a shame many have not Scott he was a phenomenal climber and just a great guy to chat with, who was it you worked for who knew of him?

I'll come for a climb one day, would have to fit my busy schedule though:lol::biggrin:

Maybe we could arrange summat adam?

Sounds like A plan my compadre ......:biggrin: I will see about a venue then take it from there.....:thumbup1:

Oli fields, who worked for a man called clive francis when clive had big trees he would get sam in and oli would work along side him,

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Nice one Scott, not heard of oli before but Clive francis rings a bell?

Anyway sorry for the derail of the thread....:thumbup1:

See there are more people out there willing to share there wisdom ....nice one tony....:thumbup:

Try and get to work with your companies top climber, watch everything he does and try to understand why, then ask him/her. If there is lowering involved make sure you're the guy on the other end of the rope, again watch what they do, try to understand then ask.

If you do get to climb and you have an experienced climber with you, ask to ascend the tree with as litle as possible hints/tips etc, unless safety is at risk. See how knackered you are at the top then ask what, if anything you could have done differently.

As for trust in your kit..... I try to get newbies to hold the ropes as little as possible as soon as possible, weight in the harness when you can, a few controlled swings for fun, then upside down as far out from the trunk as poss.

Easy limb walks (IE good anchor point over limb) then move on to some challenges, anchor point off at varying angles.

Lots of climbs is the best way to get over the anxiety and even if you are not cutting anything at least carry the chainsaw so you get used to it coming through unions with you, or not....

Good luck, experience/experiences are hard to come by when time and money is at a push.

Bing!