Arb dog required. Help,please.

Stephen Blair

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kids are ok, my eldest was very upset.

It's my wife that's been hurt the most, 2 weeks of corispondance , back n forth to see the pup, she got vetted, I got vetted, then a delay with the kennel cough, we were concerned for the pup, worst of all we chose a name , the kids have told all their wee pals, my wife has been counting the minutes, her screen saver has been the pup.

So unprofessional and down right selfish and inconsiderate!

I have told the kids it's not their fault it was the mans!

Stewart is 3 and he asked ' why?'

What are you meant to say?

Oh well , time heels as they say.

It's hard but I think calling these people scum is a bit harsh. What if they fell in love with the pup and just can't do it? Not the right thing to do and all but scum? Come on. It's a bummer but you will find another dog and all will be fine.

I used to walk dogs for a rescue centre and fell in love with a lurcher called Breeze. By the time I had taken her for the hundredth walk and finally decided to re-home her, someone else had taken her on. I was gutted beyond any sensible measure. But I bet she's had a happy life and so have I with the pair of labs I got instead.

I was thinking the same as the poster above, yes very hard for yourselves but perhaps done for very genuine reasons.

If one needs a working dog for a specific task and not merely a family pet I can understand the need for a pup.

Unfortunately when one sees as many pups that were merely bought a a toy for the weans and then binned to the local pound once a bit big and troublesome it is truley upsetting.

Especially as the resulting dogs generally have acquired many undesirable habits.

We have probably had a doz or so rescue dogs, all different, needed to get 1 put down and one re-homed, but on balance we are very pleased.

Our bastard Mastiff is at least 12, and still capable of fighting:blushing:, and the first wee furrball is still living at about 15:001_rolleyes:

They are however all pure pets with some (45 +45 = 90kg worth) added security bonus.

The latest is a lovely soft big lump of a lab/rotty cross, a bit dumb but very lovable, even after waltering in a somewhat peaty sheaugh.

Nobody else would touch the "rotty", silly people.

PS

it were him and wor bastard mastiff who were fighting, but no hard feelings on either part.

cheers

marcus

I do appreciate the pain btw as we recently had to get a lovely wee Daschund put down a few weeks after getting run over by postie, our daughters dog, hard it was.

pppps

I take the soft option of keeping 5 or 6 dogs together, then leastwise the pain is a bit less when one loses one, plus they are much happier in a "pack" environment.

Mastiff play-fighting with a Jack Russell?, humans could learn a lot from observing that behavouir.

Edited by difflock

I don't think the people in questionion are scum, I think they are very unprofessional.

They wanted the dog to go to a family home, we fitted their criteria, they contacted us after an enquiry, they wanted meetings with myself and my wife. I never took the kids incase they changed their mind to save any heart ache.:sneaky2:

They kept in daily contact for the last 2 weeks and 14hrs before collection they changed their mind via email!!:thumbdown:

They have their reasons, it does not make them morally right in my eyes whatever reasons they have. This has not been a spontaneous Christmas eve purchase from an add in the supermarket.

I do not understand or condone their behaviour as I honour my agreements, they entered into a contract and broke it, simples!

So back on track, if anyone knows of any GSHP pups for sale please let me know